Determining the UI that you are using
Your system administrator configures the UIs that are available to you:
The Remedyforce Console, Incident Console, and Task Console tabs are based on the console layout. The console layout provides the following features:
- The lookup fields display all of the records and provide pagination and search options
- The broadcast ticker is available and enables users to follow or unfollow broadcasts on Chatter
- The category tree is available when users are creating a record
- Users can set the owner while creating a record
- The total number of records is displayed for all modules in the list views. If there are more than 10,000 records in a module, the total number of records is displayed as 10,000+.
- System administrators can configure columns of the list view
- System administrators can configure fields and related lists that suit the business requirements
- System administrators can add buttons to forms to enable custom actions
For new installations of BMC Remedyforce 20.15.02, only the Remedyforce Console tab is available out-of-the-box. The
Incident, Problem, Change Request, Task, Release, and
Broadcast objects are available as modules within the integrated Remedyforce Console tab.
The following figure displays the Incidents/Service Requests module in the console layout.
Salesforce page layout
The Incidents, Tasks, Problems, Change Requests, Releases, Broadcasts, and Knowledge Articles tabs are based on the Salesforce page layout. These forms on these tabs look similar to Salesforce forms such as Contacts. For information about the features that the Salesforce page layout provides, see Overview of the Salesforce page layout.
For new installations of BMC Remedyforce 20.15.02, only the Knowledge Articles tab is displayed out-of-the-box.
The following figure displays the Incident module in the Salesforce page layout.