Creating an incident from a client chat
If your system administrator has enabled Remedyforce Chat, you must set your status to Available to accept a client chat request. Note the following important points:
If you have set your status to Available, you receive the notifications only if the Remedyforce Console tab is active. To set your status, click.
- Based on when the client initiates the chat, you must create a new incident or link the chat to an existing record.
When a client initiates a chat, if you create a new incident, the chat transcript is copied to the Description field, the Incident Source field is set to Chat, the Client ID field is pre-populated, and Status is set to Open. If the Pre-Chat form is enabled, the category selected by the client on the Pre-Chat form is copied to the Category field on the Incident form.
If a client chats with you for an existing ticket, you can link the chat to an existing incident. In this case, the chat transcript is saved as a note in the Action History section of a record. Also, if the client has submitted a ticket by other methods, such as submitted a ticket from Self Service, sent an email to create an incident, you can link the chat to an existing incident.
- Clients can send attachments during a chat. To view attachments, click the attachment hyperlink. It opens in a new browser tab.
- You can view attachments sent by clients in the Attach/View files window before saving the incident. All the attachments are added to the Notes & Attachment section of the incident (new and existing) after you save a record.
To create an incident from a client chat
Clickto close the client chat window.
- To create a new incident, perform the following actions:
Click New Incident. On the New Incident form, the Client ID, Category, Description, and Incident Source field values are populated.
Enter the values in remaining required fields.
To link the chat to an existing incident, perform one of the following actions:
Click Existing Incident.
- From the list of incidents, select the incident to which you want to link the chat.
- Click Save.
If your system administrator has enabled access to the Dashboards tab, you can view the BMC Remedyforce Chat Dashboard. The dashboard displays reports about chat sessions in chart format. You can click a chat to view details about chat sessions. For more information, see Viewing the BMC Remedyforce Chat dashboard.