Creating a Request Detail template to deploy an operational rule
For commonly occurring service requests that require operational-rule deployment to complete the service request, you can create a Request Detail template that contains the appropriate Incident template. In the Incident template, link the Task template that deploys the required operational rule.
For example, your clients require Microsoft Office to be installed on their computers. You can create a service request definition (SRD) to address this request. In the SRD, select the Request Detail template that contains the Incident template that describes the service request being offered to clients. In the Incident template, link the Task template that deploys the operational rule to install Microsoft Office.
For information about creating Incident templates that are linked to Request Detail templates, see Creating an Incident template to deploy an operational rule. For information about creating Task templates that are linked to Incident templates, see Creating a Task template to deploy an operational rule.
To create a Request Detail template to deploy an operational rule
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Application tile, and from the menu select Templates.
Alternatively, you can also navigate to Remedyforce Workspaces > Configuration > Templates.
- In the templates list view, click New.
- From the Template For list, select Request Detail.
When you select Request Detail, the Incident Template list appears.
- In the Name field, type a unique alphanumeric identifier that to assign to the current template.
- Click the Incident Template list.
- In the Select From Templates window, select an Incident template that contains the linked Task template that deploys the required operational rule.
- In the Description field, type a description that includes the reason for creating the template.
- Click Save.