Configuring user license names for clients in BMC Remedyforce
By default, the profiles based on the following user licenses are shown in the Default Client Profile list that is available on the Manage Users > User Settings page:
- Customer Portal Manager
- Customer Portal Manager Custom
- Customer Portal Manager Standard
You can select a profile in the Default Client Profile list that can be set as a default profile to create new clients in BMC Remedyforce.
If your organization uses a different license name which is not shown in the Default Client Profile list for customer portal users, then configure BMC Remedyforce by adding the required license name in custom settings in Salesforce.
To configure a new license name for portal users in BMC Remedyforce
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select CustomSettings.
- In the Actions column, click Manage in the Remedyforce Portal Licenses row.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, enter a numeric value.
- In the Value field, enter the customer portal license name.
The customer portal license name is referred to as user license in Salesforce.
Leave the Sequence Id field blank.
After you configure the user license name that you use in your organization, the profiles that are based on this license are shown in the Default Client Profile list on the Manage Users > User Settings page. Select the profile to be set as default for the client users created from BMC Remedyforce.
Ensure that you have assigned the required permissions to the profile while installing the package.