Assigning custom forms to a profile
To enable users of a profile to use a custom Client form, you must assign the custom version of the Client form to the required profile. For information about using the custom Client form to create clients, see Managing clients and staff members.
You must assign the custom version of the Client form to a profile only for the first time. However, whenever there are updates to the profiles to which the customized form must be assigned, you must repeat the assignment procedure.
In a new installation of BMC Remedyforce 20.14.02 or later, you can assign a custom version of only the Client form to profiles. The Self Service: Service Request option is no longer displayed in the Form to Assign list on the Form Assignment tab.
For information about assigning custom ticket layouts in Self Service based on profiles, see Managing custom layouts for the Ticket form.
To assign a custom form to a profile
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select Form Assignment.
- In the Form Assignment tab, from the Form to Assign list, select Client.
- In the Assign Form Without Fieldsets list, select the profiles to which you want to assign the custom Client form.
- To move the selected profiles from the Assign Form Without Fieldsets list to the Assign Form With Fieldsets list, click the right arrow.
- Click Save.