Restricting users from viewing records created by others users
Users who are lower in the role hierarchy cannot view the records created by a user who is higher in the hierarchy. To view a record created by other users, one of the following conditions must be met:
- The user viewing the record must be higher in the role hierarchy
- The user must have the View All permission on the
If users have the View All permission, on the Tickets and Requests tab in Self Service, they can view the records created by other users by selecting the Others option from the View list.
By default, a user can view the records created by self and users below in the role hierarchy if role hierarchy is configured. You can restrict the users from viewing records that are created by other users by hiding the Others option.
To restrict users from viewing records created by other users
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select Custom Settings.
- In the Action column of Remedyforce Settings, click Manage.
- In the Action column of the propShowOthersIncident_in_SelfService, click Edit.
- In the Value field, enter False.
- Click Save.