Mapping the event data to the Incident object fields
To integrate BMC Remedyforce with BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management, perform the following procedures:
This topic provides information about mapping the BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management event data to the Incident object fields. After you have performed the procedure in this topic, proceed to Customizing event rules in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management.
Before you begin
To enable sending email messages using events from BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management, you must configure email service in BMC Remedyforce. For more information, see Creating incidents and retrieving incident status through email messages. For information about email limits of your Salesforce organization, see http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_gov_limits.htm.
To map the event data to the Incident object fields
On the Remedyforce Administration Application Settings > Incident - Email Settings page, you must map the data in the events to the fields in the
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Email tile, and from the menu select Incident - Email Settings.
The following sections are provided to configure email settings that are used when an incident is created from an email:
- Creating Incidents from Client Emails
- Identifying the Email Sender
- Mapping Email Content to Incident Fields
- In the Creating Incidents from Client Emails section, to allow clients to create incidents by sending an email with any subject or create an incident if an email does not have a subject, select Create an incident with any email subject.
Selecting this option allows you to enter your requirements-specific text in the Subject fields of event rules on the Event Text Customization for individual Event Rule screen in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management.
- Click Mapping Email Content to Incident Fields.
- From the Delimiter list, select the appropriate delimiter.
To save data inside the email body, you need to enclose the data with a delimiter. For example, you select the hash symbol (#) as a delimiter. To get category from the email body, the category value must be enclosed between two # symbols, such as #Hardware#, in the email body.
- From the Incident Field list, select the field on the Incident form in which the data is saved.
- From the Email Content list, select Body.
- In the Keyword field, enter the keyword that is searched in the email.
- To add the mapping, click
The following mapping is mandatory:
- Incident Field: Event ID, Category, Status
- Email Content: Body, Body, Body
Keyword: EVENTID, CATEGORY, STATUS
You cannot map the disabled fields on the Incident form, such as Priority.
- (Optional) To remove a mapping, select it and click .
- (Optional) To update a mapping, select it and click .
- Click Save.