Customizing event rules in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management
To integrate BMC Remedyforce with BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management, perform the following procedures:
- Map the event data to the
To customize event rules in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management
When an event that needs attention of a staff is generated or updated, an email must be sent to BMC Remedyforce to create an incident for the event. To send an email to BMC Remedyforce, create an action that sends an email when such an event is generated. To create the action, customize the event rule for the event that you want to track.
- In the Operations Console, click Options.
- In the Options window, click Administration.
- Click Edit next to Event Rules.
- Click Edit besides the required Event Rules entry.
- On the Edit Event Rule (Page 1/3) screen, click Next.
- On the Edit Event Rule (Page 2/3): Select Event/Monitor/Severity Information page, click Next.
- On the Edit Event Rule (Page 3/3): Action Information for Event Rule screen, in the From field, enter the email address from which an email is sent to BMC Remedyforce to create an incident.
- In the To field, enter the email address that you have configured in BMC Remedyforce.
- Click Add.
- Click Event Text Customization.
- In the Subject field, enter the subject of the email that is sent to BMC Remedyforce.
- In the Body field, enter the fields that you want to map to the incident that is created in BMC Remedyforce.
Use the following format in the Body field:
<keyword> <delimiter> <BMC ProactiveNet variable> <delimiter>
<keyword> and <delimiter> are the keyword and delimiter that you select on the Remedyforce Administration > Configure Email > Incident - Email Settings page in BMC Remedyforce. The value of <BMC ProactiveNet variable> is copied to the incident field that is mapped to the <keyword>. This mapping is specified on the Remedyforce Administration > Configure Email > Incident - Email Settings > Mapping Email Content to Incident Fields page in BMC Remedyforce.
Examples of mapping are EVENTID##$EVENTID##, STATUS##$STATUS##, and CATEGORY##Hardware##, where EVENTID, STATUS, and CATEGORY are the keywords, $EVENTID is the BMC ProactiveNet variable, Status is the event status, Hardware is the category that you want to assign to the incident that you are creating, and ## is the delimiter.
EVENTID, STATUS, and CATEGORY are mandatory fields. The EVENTID field is mapped to the BMCServiceDesk_Event_ID_c field on the
Incidentobject in BMC Remedyforce, STATUS field is mapped to the Status field, and the CATEGORY field is mapped to the Category field.
The BMCServiceDesk_Event_ID_c field stores the unique event ID and is used as a reference from BMC Remedyforce to the event in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management.
- Click Apply.