Creating a Task template to deploy an operational rule
Task templates are used to deploy operational rules on the BMC Client Management server that is integrated with BMC Remedyforce. For more information, see Configuring the integration between BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management. If the integration is not configured, the Operational Rule fields do not appear in the Select Field list.
You can create Task templates for each operational rule that is available to BMC Remedyforce. The Deployment from External Integration property of the operational rule must have the Available in integrated solutions or Additional workflow needed value for the operational rule to appear in the Select From Asset Core Operational Rules window. If the Deployment from External Integration property of the operational rule is set to Additional workflow needed, the operational rule requires an approval before deployment. You can configure this property in the BMC Client Management console.
When a client submits an incident or service request, the assigned staff member must analyze the incident or service request and decide which tasks must be completed to resolve the incident or complete the service request. If the staff member decides that an operational rule must be deployed, the staff member can use a Task template to deploy a specific operational rule. For example, an incident is created because the intranet is not working. The task required to resolve this incident is to restart IIS Admin Service on the server that is hosting the intranet. To resolve this incident, the assigned staff member can apply an Incident template that has the linked Task template that deploys the operational rule to restart IIS Admin Service.
If BMC Remedyforce is currently executing Task templates that deploy operational rules, you must not modify the Task templates or the Incident templates that use the Task templates during the execution. If you modify the Incident or Task template, multiple tasks might be created.
To create a Task template to deploy an operational rule
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Application tile, and from the menu select Templates.
Alternatively, you can also navigate to Remedyforce Workspaces > Configuration > Templates.
- In the templates list view, click New.
- From the Template For list, select Task.
- In the Name field, type a unique alphanumeric identifier to assign to the current template.
- In the Description field, type a description that includes the reason for creating the template.
- From the Select Field list, select Asset Core Operational Rule.
- Click the Field Value field.
- In the Select From Asset Core Operational Rules window, select the operational rule that you want to deploy.
- Click OK, and then click Add.
The following operational rule fields are added to the template:
- Asset Core Operational Rule (this field is populated with a unique ID)
- Operational Rule Requires Approval
If the operational rule requires an approval before deployment, the Value column displays True for the Operational Rule Requires Approval field.
- Click Save.