Configuring the Remedyforce Console
The Remedyforce Console tab enables users to manage all records (incidents, service requests, tasks, problems, change requests, releases, and broadcasts) from a single console. Each record opens in a different tab within the Remedyforce Console tab. Users can easily navigate between records without opening multiple windows. The Remedyforce Console tab also provides a dashboard and QuickViews to enable you to retrieve information from the BMC Remedyforce database, view a key set of data in one place, and to monitor metrics regularly.
For more information about the benefits of using the Remedyforce Console tab, see Overview of the Remedyforce Console tab.
The following topics are provided:
- Enabling the Remedyforce Console tab
- Customizing the Remedyforce Console tab
- Adding custom actions to the Actions or Agent Tools menus
- Configuring Smart Suggestions - BETA
- Managing custom layouts for console forms
- Customizing forms for the Remedyforce Console tab
- Configuring a Lookup field of an object
- Enabling staff members to add filters to a list view in the Remedyforce Console
- Configuring columns in a list view in the Remedyforce Console
- Configuring the autorefresh time for list views on the Remedyforce Console tab
- Configuring the default search option for list views in the Remedyforce Console
- Deactivating keyboard shortcuts
- Configuring the fields shown in the Impact Analysis window
- Adding related lists to a module
- Updating prefix for the Service Requests module list view filters
- Enabling staff members to see Incident form fields in Service Request forms
- Adding fields to the change request, release, or task tooltips displayed in a change schedule
- Configuring QuickViews
For new installations of BMC Remedyforce, the Remedyforce Console tab is enabled out of the box. In this case, you do not have to perform the steps that are described in Enabling the Remedyforce Console tab. However, if you are upgrading from a earlier version of BMC Remedyforce to version 20.14.01 or later, you must manually set up and enable the Remedyforce Console tab. For more information, see Enabling the Remedyforce Console tab.