Working with QuickViews in the Remedyforce Console
You can use QuickViews to view a consolidated list of all your assigned records and other key data. For example, QuickViews can provide information that you need daily, such as the tasks assigned to you or your queue, the high-priority incidents that must be resolved first, or the broadcasts for a specific category.
For each QuickView, you can perform the following actions:
- Configure how data is displayed in a QuickView (Table or Chart view)
- Filter records displayed in a QuickView (only if the QuickView includes a query condition that prompts users to enter a runtime value for specific fields)
- Sort records based on specific columns in a QuickView; you cannot sort columns of the Text Area, Text (Encrypted), or Picklist (Multi-Select) data types
- Configure the refresh rate of a QuickView
- Create, view, and delete records in a QuickView
- Change the owner of records in a QuickView
You can create, delete, and change the owner of records in a QuickView only if your system administrator has given you the appropriate permissions. Also, the records displayed in the QuickView must belong to a module that is supported by the Remedyforce Console and enabled for your profile.
For example, if a QuickView displays specific types of Service Level Agreements (SLAs), you cannot perform any actions on the SLA records listed in the QuickView. In this case, you can only view the records, configure the display view and refresh rate of the data, or filter the records listed in the QuickView.
To work with QuickViews in the Remedyforce Console
- Click the Remedyforce Console tab.
- From the View menu, select one of the following options:
- My Dashboard
- My QuickViews
From the list of QuickViews that you have created, select the appropriate QuickView.
- Shared QuickViews
From the list of QuickViews created and shared by other users, select the appropriate QuickView.
On the My Dashboard or QuickViewName tab, perform the following actions for the QuickView based on your requirements.
Goal Action View details about a record listed in the QuickView
Click the record link in the QuickView.
The record is opened in a new tab in the Remedyforce Console.
Records that do not belong to a module that is supported in the Remedyforce Console are displayed in a new browser tab or window. You must have the appropriate permissions to view records for that module.
Create a new record from the QuickView
A new tab is opened in the Remedyforce Console, enabling you to create a record for the corresponding module. For example, if you click New in a QuickView that lists incidents assigned to you, the IN:New tab is opened in the Remedyforce Console.
If the QuickView contains records of multiple modules, the New button has a drop-down list from which you can select the module for which you want to create a record.
Note: The New button is displayed only if the QuickView displays data for modules that are supported in the Remedyforce Console and enabled for your profile. For example, the New button is not displayed if the QuickView displays SLA or category records. Also, the New button is enabled only if you have the appropriate permissions for that module. For example, if a QuickView displays the incidents assigned to you, the New button is enabled only if you have the Create permission on the
Delete one or more records listed in the QuickView
Select the check box next to the records that you want to delete and click Delete.
Note: The Delete button is displayed only if the QuickView contains records of a single module that is supported in the Remedyforce Console and enabled for your profile. Also, the Delete button is enabled only if have the appropriate permissions for that module.
Change the owner of one or more records listed in the QuickView
Select the check box next to the records for which you want to change the owner and click Change Owner. From the Change Owner window, select the staff or queue that you want to assign to the selected records.
Note: The Change Owner button is displayed only if the QuickView contains records for a single module that is supported in the Remedyforce Console and enabled for your profile. Also, the Change Owner button is enabled only if have the appropriate permissions for that module.
Configure the display of data in the QuickView
Clickand select one of the following options for displaying data in the QuickView. By default, the data is displayed in the Table view.
- Table – You can see all records in the QuickView in a tabular format.
- Chart – You can see a pictorial representation of all records in the QuickView. In the Chart view, if you click any bar of the bar chart or sector of the pie chart (based on your chart type), a widget is displayed with a maximum of 200 records that match the bar or sector.
For example, you have created a QuickView that displays all assigned incidents, its chart type is Bar 2D, and the data field used for grouping is Status. If you click the OPENED bar of this QuickView, a widget is displayed with a maximum of 200 assigned incident records that have a Status of OPENED.
For more information, see How data is displayed in the Chart view of a QuickView.
Filter records displayed in the QuickView
Click, select the filters that you want to apply, specify appropriate values, and click Apply. The field values you specify are used to filter records that are displayed in the QuickView. If you select a filter but do not provide a value, search result will show all records where the field value is blank.
The filter icon is available only if the QuickView includes a query condition that prompts users to enter a runtime value for specific fields.
In the QuickView Editor, when you define query conditions for the QuickView, you can configure the fields that are used to filter records. You can also choose to display only incidents, tasks, or change requests that are assigned to a selected staff member or to a selected queue. For more information about creating filters, see Creating and editing QuickViews in the Remedyforce Console.
For example, when you create a QuickView that displays all assigned incidents, you can create a query condition that prompts users to enter a runtime value for the Priority field. When you add this QuickView to My Dashboard, users can select a priority of HIGH to filter the records. The QuickView displays all assigned incidents with a priority of HIGH.
Note: You can use filters in the My Work (Incident & Task) out-of-the-box QuickView to display all incidents and tasks that are assigned to you.
If you do not select a value in a filter in which the condition specified is "greater than equal to", the condition is not included to filter records.
If there are multiple filters available and you do not select a value in one of the filters, the logical operators of the conditions are followed as is. For example, the following conditions were specified for a QuickView:
Priority = 1 OR
Urgency = AND
Account = ABC
If you do not select a value in the Urgency field, the query condition to filter records in the QuickView becomes Priority = 1 AND Account = ABC.
The fields in the QuickView filter are accessible to all the users even if the users do not have access for viewing those fields.
Configure the time interval after which records are automatically refreshed in the QuickView
Clickand in the Refresh (min) box, update the time interval after which records in the QuickView should be refreshed, and click Apply.
You can also choose to disable auto refresh of records in a QuickView by clicking the Auto-refresh icon (). The color of the Auto-refresh icon changes from green to red. In this case, you can use the Refresh icon in the QuickView to manually update the list of records in your QuickView.
Change the perspective of a 3D column or bar chart
Click and use the sliders to set the required perspective for the chart. Note that the slider setiings are saved in your browser cookies.
Print or download the chart
Click and select the appropriate option. You can download the chart in any format that you require such as PNG, JPEG, SVG Vector Image, CSV, xls, and PDF.
BMC recommends that you consider the following points before you configure the refresh options for QuickViews in the Remedyforce Console:
- A faster refresh rate impacts your actions, because the QuickView might refresh when you are performing an action. BMC recommends that you use a refresh rate that is higher than the minimum refresh rate of 1. The default time interval is 10 minutes.
- You can disable auto-refresh of QuickViews for which data is not updated frequently, such as QuickViews that display data that is updated weekly or monthly. If your dashboard contains many QuickViews, you can improve the performance of the dashboard by disabling auto-refresh of those QuickViews that are not frequently used.
How data is displayed in the Chart view of a QuickView
In the Chart view, you can see a pictorial representation of all records in a QuickView. If you click any bar of the bar chart or any sector of the pie chart (based on your chart type), a widget is displayed with a maximum of 200 records that match the bar or sector.
The following points provide information about how data is displayed in the Chart view of a QuickView:
- If a QuickView has records that do not have values for the data field that you have used to group data in the Chart view, the QuickView displays these records as two hyphens (- -) in the Chart view. For example, if Priority is used as the data field for a grouping in a QuickView that displays all assigned incidents, all incident records that do not have a Priority value appear as two hyphens (- -) in the Chart view.
- If you use a Date & Time field to group data in a Chart view, the records are grouped by using the date value only. The Chart view does not consider the time value of the field to group data.
- If you configure the Chart view to use the Owner ID field as the grouping field, the Chart uses the Owner.Username field in the QuickViews results. This convention is because the Owner.Username field is unique for each owner. The Chart view does not display the Owner.Name field because multiple users can share the same name.
- The Chart view does not support data fields of the following field types:
- Auto Number
- Formula fields with return type of Number, Currency, or Percent
- Formula fields that contain operators, such as the plus symbol (+), the hyphen (-), or the slash (/); or functions such as IF and ISNULL
- Roll-Up Summary
- Text Area (Long)
- You cannot create a QuickView for a history object (for example, an
Incident Historyobject) by selecting the Formula field, because Formula fields refer to Auto Number data fields.
If you select the Chart view for a QuickView that has too many records, the
Too many query error message might be displayed. To avoid this error, BMC recommends that you use query conditions to reduce the number of records displayed in the QuickView.