Configuring the Knowledge Article page fields for an out-of-the-box article type
The following table lists the out-of-the-box fields that are available for the out-of-the-box article types and the default fields that are copied to the Resolution field:
|Article type||Out-of-the-box fields||Default fields copied to the Resolution field of an incident or problem|
|How to||Question, Answer||Answer|
|Known Error||Error, Root Cause, Workaround||Workaround|
|Problem Solution||Problem, Solution||Solution|
In addition, all knowledge articles have the following out-of-the-box fields:
- Display in Self Service
- Article Type
- Published Date
- Review Date
- Retired Date
- Used by Staff Members #
- Used in Self Service #
- Viewed in Self Service #
- Display Knowledge Article to
You can add both custom and out-of-the-box fields to the Knowledge Article page.
To configure the Knowledge Article page fields for an out-of-the-box article type
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu, select Global Search.
- On the Global Search page, click Manage Record Type Fields.
- From the Record Type list, select an article type.
- From the Available Fields list, select the fields that you want to add to the Knowledge Article page.
- For the fields that you want to configure to be copied to the Resolution field of the incident or problem records, select the check box under the Copy to Resolution column.
- (Optional) To select an icon for the article type, in the Record Type Icon section, click Browse.
- Click .