Tasks in a BMC Client Management integrated environment
BMC Client Management is an advanced systems management software that provides a reliable way to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot all systems on a network. When BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management are integrated, staff members can link BMC Client Management devices to an incident or service request, view asset summary of the devices, perform actions and deploy operational rules on the devices, and start the BMC Client Management console from BMC Remedyforce.
To perform the actions in this section, you must be a valid BMC Client Management administrator, and your system administrator must have enabled the integration between BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management.
The following topics are provided:
- Integrated authentication for BMC Client Management administrators
- Starting the BMC Client Management console from the CMDB Manager
- Accessing the BCM Actions menu
- Managing BMC Client Management devices from the CMDB Actions window
- Viewing the inventory summary of a BMC Client Management device
- Deploying operational rules on devices that are linked to incidents or service requests
- Creating incidents that require operational rule deployment
- Creating service requests that require operational rule deployment
- Searching for, importing, and linking a device to incidents or service requests
- Scenarios for using BMC Remedyforce with BMC Client Management