Performing the installation
Before you install the BMC Remedyforce managed package, you must set up the required profiles and assign a role to the system administrator. For more information see, Setting up the required profiles and Assigning a role to the system administrator.
To install the managed package
- In a browser, open http://appexchange.salesforce.com.
- In the Appexchange search bar, type Remedyforce and click Search.
- Click the BMC Remedyforce application and then click More.
- On the Remedyforce- ITIL Service Management & Help Desk page, click Get It Now.
- Select the I have read and agree to the terms and conditions check box and click Install from provider's site.
Click I am not a Remedyforce customer and I want to try Remedyforce.
- In the Are you an existing Salesforce customer section, select the appropriate option.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To install on a production organization, click Production.
To install on a sandbox organization, click Sandbox.
BMC recommends that you first install Remedyforce to your Sandbox environment and perform appropriate testing that fits your business processes. After your testing is complete and you are satisfied, install Remedyforce to your Production environment.
- On the Log In page, log on to your Salesforce.com organization as a user with administrative permissions.
In the Install BMC Remedyforce - IT Help Desk section, select Install for Specific Profiles.
This option enables you to configure the access level for custom profiles in your Salesforce organization based on the out-of-the-box access levels provided by BMC Remedyforce.
BMC recommends that you do not select the following options in the Install BMC Remedyforce - IT Help Desk section:
- Install for Admins Only—If you select this option, predefined access levels are automatically configured for the installing administrator’s profile and any profile with the "Customize Application" permission. In this case, you have to manually configure access levels for custom profiles in your organization.
- Install for All Users—If you select this option, predefined access levels are automatically configured for all your custom profiles. All users who are assigned custom profiles get the same level of predefined access.
For more information about the predefined access levels that are specified for each option, see the Salesforce Help.
In the Select Specific Profiles section, perform the following actions:
- For the ServiceDesk Change Manager profile, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Change Manager.
- For all ServiceDesk Client profiles, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Client.
- For the ServiceDesk Staff profile, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Staff.
For the rest of the profiles, leave the default value of No Access.
If you are an existing Salesforce customer and have custom profiles, assign the level of access that is appropriate to the custom profiles.
When the installation is complete, you receive five email messages, one from Salesforce and others from BMC Remedyforce.
If you are using BMC Remedyforce on a sandbox, to allow Salesforce organization to send you all types of email messages, ensure that Access Level in the Access to Send Email section is set to All email on the Setup > Email Administration > Deliverability page.
If the installation is successful, you can begin using the application. If you have received failure notification, contact BMC Support for next steps. In case of a failure, the Salesforce organization is rolled back to the previous state.
- After installation, select BMC Remedyforce from the Application option and navigate to the Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings page, and restart the milestone processor by clicking the Stop Milestone Processor button and then clicking the Start Milestone Processor button.
- (Optional) After installation, perform the following steps to clear the Allow Activities check box for the BMC Remedyforce objects that you do not want to show in the Salesforce
- Navigate to Setup > Create > Objects.
Change Request Service Target
Incident Service Target
IPX Connectivity Network
In the Label column, click the required BMC Remedyforce object from the following list:
Request Detail Inputs
- Click Edit.
- In the Optional Features section, clear the Allow Activities check box.
- Click Save.
- Repeat step b to step e for the other BMC Remedyforce objects that you do not want to show in the Salesforce