Overview of Self Service 2.0
Self Service is a cloud-enabled application that enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Report an issue or request service.
- Track the status of open tickets and service requests.
- Search for solutions in self-help articles to resolve common issues based on previous solutions.
- Browse through self-help articles and service requests that are available in different categories.
- View a list of commonly used service requests or tickets.
- View the broadcasts that are applicable to Self Service users in the Broadcasts portlet. You can select a broadcast in the Broadcasts portlet, and the broadcast message is displayed in the portlet.
- Use Remedyforce Chat to resolve your queries
- Use Chatter to share information.
- Approve change requests, tickets, and service requests.
- Search for information on your intranet.
- Contact the service desk.
The terminology used within the Self Service module is different from the terminology used in BMC Remedyforce. The following terminology differences exist:
- Incidents are called tickets.
- Knowledge articles are called self-help articles.
Features and benefits of Self Service
Using Self Service, you can create and close your own service requests, thus lowering the volume of calls to staff members. You can also report an issue, submit a new request, create a service request, or find a solution to your issue by using the keywords that define it. Additionally, you can access a database of self-help articles and provide feedback on them. You can also access your opened and closed service requests.
The following table lists the features and benefits of the Self Service module:
Customize the navigation and the screen layout without programming knowledge or tools. This feature enables you to create the look and feel you want, including adding your own logos to the logon page.
Browser-based means "no software required," so you can provide access to your Self Service users without requiring anything more than a browser and an ID. This feature translates into low cost and instant access.
Three-tier data segregation
Create unique environments that are individually tailored to each of your licenses. This information is kept separate and secure in one system.
Intuitive screen design is clear and easy to use without any special training.
Self help (create tickets, check ticket status, contact customer support)
Lower your call volume by allowing users to view, create, and update information without having to call the service desk. If users cannot locate the information they are looking for, or need additional guidance, they can email Customer Support for assistance.
Provide access to service and maintenance requests and order entry, and to update client information, creating a tighter relationship between you and your clients.
Knowledge search and FAQs
Self-help through search engines and FAQs helps users find solutions without calling the service desk. This feature results in lower cost with higher satisfaction.
Communicate global events to users as they occur by adding an entry in BMC Remedyforce. This information can be turned into a ticker-style message that users can view.
Fully supported by the BMC Remedyforce Management engine
Directly integrate with all BMC Remedyforce back-end functionality to provide an effective user front-end to BMC Remedyforce.
Prerequisites for using Self Service
Before you begin to use Self Service, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- You must have a correct Self Service URL.
- You must have valid credentials to log on to Self Service.