Integrating BMC Remedyforce with BMC Client Management
The following section provides information about an older method of integrating BMC Remedyforce with BMC Client Management. A newer and improved method, Remedyforce Discovery, is now available to integrate with BMC Client Management. If BMC Client Management is not already implemented, it is recommended that you consider Remedyforce Discovery instead. For more information about the new method, see Remedyforce Discovery.
BMC Client Management (known before version 12.0 as BMC FootPrints Asset Core) is an advanced systems management software that provides a reliable way to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot all systems on a network. It isolates the exact point of failure when problems occur and makes it possible for network and system difficulties to be resolved quickly. For more information, see http://www.bmc.com/it-solutions/client-management.html.
When BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management are integrated, users can link BMC Client Management devices to an incident or service request, view asset summary of the devices, perform actions and deploy operational rules on the devices, and start the BMC Client Management console from BMC Remedyforce. For more information, see Scenarios for using BMC Remedyforce with BMC Client Management.
After you configure the integration between BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management, you can import data from BMC Client Management into BMC Remedyforce by using the Pentaho Data Integration tool.
The following topics are provided:
- Overview of the BMC Remedyforce integration with BMC Client Management
- Configuring the integration between BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management
- Creating an approval process for deploying operational rules
- Creating a Task template to deploy an operational rule
- Creating an Incident template to deploy an operational rule
- Creating a Request Detail template to deploy an operational rule
- Creating SRDs that require operational-rule deployment
- Importing data from BMC Client Management by using the REST Web API
- Importing data from BMC Client Management by accessing the database
- Importing data from BMC FootPrints Asset Core
For troubleshooting tips that you can use to resolve issues that you might face while integrating BMC Remedyforce with BMC Client Management, see Troubleshooting the BMC Remedyforce integration with BMC Client Management.