Customizing CMDB list views in CMDB
On the Remedyforce Administration > Configure CMDB 2.0 > List View Customization page, you can customize the list view that is displayed in the Remedyforce CMDB tab. You can modify the out-of-box list views or create new list views for specific classes. The list views can be customized by:
- Adding or removing fields that are displayed as columns
- Defining the display order of the columns
- Defining the width of each column
The columns that are displayed in the Remedyforce CMDB list view are not based on profiles or users. By default, 25 columns are shown in the Remedyforce CMDB list view. You can update the default number of columns that are shown in the Remedyforce CMDB list view. To update the number, change the value in the CMDBListViewLimit custom setting. For more information, see Managing custom settings.
The following image describes the List View Customization tab.
The following out-of-the-box views are available:
|List view name||Description|
|Base Element (CI)||List view columns for all CI classes when you select the CI tab in the list of classes.|
|Base Element (Asset)||List view columns for all asset classes when you select the Asset tab in the list of classes.|
|Base Element (All)||List view columns for all classes when you select the All tab in the list of classes.|
|Business Service||List view columns for the Business Service class. You can select the fields of the Business Service, Logical Entity, and Base Element field sets of the Base Element object.|
|Base Relationship||List view columns for the Relationship tab. You can select a maximum of 25 fields from the Base Relationship and Base Element objects. Notice that the Instance Name field cannot be removed from the Selected Fields list.|
|Physical Location||List view columns for the Physical Location class. You can select the fields of the Business Service, Logical Entity, and Base Element field sets of the Base Element object.|
The out-of-the-box list view for the
Note: Irrespective of your configuration, Location Name is always displayed as the first column or field in the Locations list view, Locations lookup window and the Location Details window.
Customizing the list view
The following video (2:17) shows how to modify the columns of the Remedyforce CMDB console.
If you are using BMC Remedyforce CMDB 1.0, the configuration options that are supported only in BMC Remedyforce CMDB 2.0 appear disabled on the List View Customization page. This includes the New and Delete buttons, Views menu, search option for views, and Class Type and Class Name lists. For more information, see Customizing fields shown in the Remedyforce CMDB list view in CMDB 1.0.
To customize the Remedyforce CMDB list view
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure CMDB 2.0 tile, and from the menu select CMDB List View Customization.
- In the List Views section, select the required view.
If you want to create a new custom view, perform the following actions:
- Click New.
From the Class Type list, select one of the following:
- CI – only CI and CI and Asset classes are displayed in the Class Name list.
- Asset – only asset and CI and Asset classes are displayed in the Class Name list.
- From the Class Name list, select the class.
From the Available Fields list, select the required columns; to move the selected columns to the Selected Fields list, click the right arrow.
- (Optional) To remove columns from the Selected Fields list, select the columns and click the left arrow.
The columns displayed in the Remedyforce CMDB list view are in the order in which you have added them. To modify the display order of a column, select that column and click the up arrow or the down arrow in the Selected Fields list.
- In the Pixels field, enter the width of each column in pixels (100 pixels = 2.646 cm).
- (Optional) In the Preview section, click Refresh to preview the changes made to the Remedyforce CMDB list view.
- Click Save.
Considerations for customizing the Remedyforce CMDB list view
- If there are any Rich Text Format (RTF) fields in the field set of a class, the Available Fields list does not display those fields. Configuration of the RTF fields as Remedyforce CMDB list view columns is not supported.
- If you are already on the Remedyforce CMDB tab, the updated Remedyforce CMDB list view columns may not be displayed to you. You must refresh the Remedyforce CMDB tab to view the updated Remedyforce CMDB list view columns.
- For all the out-of-the-box list views, if you remove any field from the Base Element field set, Salesforce1 Self Service - List View, the Selected Fields box still displays these fields.
- In All the OOTB list view, once the Base element fields are removed from the Base element field set, still the old fields are shown in the selected list.
List view for classes that do not have a custom list view
If you have not defined a custom list view for a class, it inherits the custom list view of its parent class in the Remedyforce CMDB tab; if you have not defined a custom list view for the parent class, it inherits the custom list view of the class which is nearest in the class hierarchy. For example, in the following screenshot, if you have defined a custom list view for WAN, when you select WAN on the left panel of the Remedyforce CMDB tab, the right panel displays the columns based on the custom list view for WAN. However, if a custom list view is not defined for WAN, it will inherit the custom list view of the class which is nearest in the class hierarchy and has a custom list view defined, such as LNs Collection or Connectivity Collection. If none of the classes in the class hierarchy has any custom list view, WAN inherits the list view of the All Instances (Base Element) class.
For a Rule Based Asset class, if you have not defined a custom list view, it inherits the list view of its parent CI class. For example, if you have not defined a custom list view for
Desktop, which is an out-of-the-box Rule Based Asset Class based on the
Computer System CI class,
Desktop will inherit the list view of the
Computer System CI class.
The fields that you configure for a list view of a class are also shown in the CI/Asset details popup window. This popup window is displayed with the Configuration Item / Asset, Service, and Service Offering fields on the Remedyforce Console forms. This popup window shows first 10 fields that you select for a class that have values. If a field does not have a value, it is not shown. The Instance Name field is always shown.