Creating an Incident template to deploy an operational rule
For commonly occurring incidents that require operational rule deployment to resolve the incident, you can create Incident templates and link the Task template that deploys the required operational rule. For example, the intranet stops working because IIS Admin Service needs to be restarted. You can create an Incident template in which you add or link the Task template that deploys the operational rule to restart the IIS Admin Service. You can also make the Incident template available to Self Service clients as top requests.
For information about creating Task templates that are linked to Incident templates, see Creating a Task template to deploy an operational rule.
If BMC Remedyforce is currently executing Task templates that deploy operational rules, you must not modify the Task templates or the Incident templates that use the Task templates during the execution. If you modify the Incident or Task template, multiple tasks might be created.
To create an Incident template to deploy an operational rule
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Application tile, and from the menu select Templates.
Alternatively, you can also navigate to Remedyforce Workspaces > Configuration > Templates.
- In the templates list view, click New.
- From the Template For list, select Incident.
- In the Name field, type a unique alphanumeric identifier to assign to the current template.
- In the Description field, type a description that includes the reason for creating the template. Depending on your requirements, you can add more fields to the template.
- Click Save.
A new Template form opens with the Template For field filled in with Task as the template type. This field is disabled and cannot be modified. In the Linked Templates section in the lower portion of the Template form, click Actions > Add.
- Create the Task template that deploys the required operational rule.
The Template form of the task closes, and the Task template appears in the Linked Templates section in the lower portion of the Template form. Click Save.
- Repeat step 8 through step 10 for each task that you want to add to the template.
- Click Save.