Overview of integrating BMC Remedyforce with BMC MyIT
BMC Remedyforce is a modern IT service management in-the-cloud solution that helps deliver service to organizations with a comprehensive, easy-to-use IT service management application. As a part of its end-to-end service desk capabilities, BMC Remedyforce includes preconfigured best practices for service desk, incident, change, problem, inventory management, and self service.
Intuitive self service enables clients to access resources and help more quickly. BMC Remedyforce provides multiple ways to access self service; either by using a browser or downloading the Self Service mobile application. Clients can also use BMC MyIT OnDemand to access self service. BMC MyIT is a next-generation, self-service application for end users to connect with IT anywhere, anytime, on any device. When you use BMC Remedyforce with BMC MyIT OnDemand, you get the following features:
- BMC Remedyforce service catalog for mobile devices
- Service requests that are created or canceled in BMC MyIT get logged in BMC Remedyforce
- BMC Remedyforce knowledge articles accessible and searchable in BMC MyIT
- Appointments with service desk staff members by using BMC MyIT
- Social features to streamline IT experience of end users with tools that are easy to use and as fast as social sites
- Location management feature to help end users get directions to company campuses and other sites, view floor maps of buildings, and view points of interest on each floor, such as conference rooms
- Service health monitoring to help end users view the status of administrator-defined services at a glance on their client application, such as their phone application
- MyIT notifications and broadcasts features to help administrators send messages to the mobile devices of impacted users or broadcast informational messages
- Import user profile information from Chatter and search Chatter content (available only if Chatter is enabled on your Salesforce organization that is integrated with BMC MyIT OnDemand)
- Search for and filter posts on timelines of users of a profile
For more information about BMC MyIT, see the BMC MyIT documentation.
Licensing options to integrate BMC Remedyforce with BMC MyIT OnDemand
The following licensing options are available for integrating BMC Remedyforce with BMC MyIT OnDemand:
- BMC Remedyforce Service Desk - MyIT Self Service—To use MyIT Self Service (formerly known as MyIT Base), you need a license add on, available with BMC Remedyforce. Contact your account manager for capabilities covered and license fee details.
- BMC Remedyforce Service Desk - MyIT Digital Workplace—To use MyIT Digital Workplace (formerly known as MyIT Premium), you need a license add on, available with BMC Remedyforce. Contact your account manager for capabilities covered and license fee details.
For help with understanding detailed capabilities or arranging a demo, contact your account manager. For additional help with configuring or customizing your BMC MyIT environment, contact your account manager or the BMC Global Services team.
The following table describes the terms used in BMC Remedyforce and the corresponding terms that are used in BMC MyIT.
BMC Remedyforce term
Corresponding term used in BMC MyIT
Problem requests -- Shown in the I need something fixed section in BMC MyIT. System administrators must create request definitions for commonly occurring issues in BMC Remedyforce and configure the request definitions as problem requests in the BMC MyIT Administration Console.
Other requests or service requests -- Shown in the I need something else section in BMC MyIT. System administrators must create request definitions for the top requests in BMC Remedyforce and configure the request definitions as other requests in the BMC MyIT Administration Console.
Roles involved in the BMC Remedyforce integration with BMC MyIT
The following table lists the roles that are involved when you integrate BMC Remedyforce with BMC MyIT:
BMC Remedyforce system administrator
BMC Remedyforce user with System Administrator profile or Remedyforce Administrator permission set.
BMC Remedyforce staff members
BMC Remedyforce users who will work on the service requests raised in BMC MyIT.
BMC Remedyforce system administrators who can access and configure the BMC MyIT Administration Console for their Salesforce organizations.
Users added as clients in BMC Remedyforce.
How BMC Remedyforce works with BMC MyIT
The following figure provides an overview of how BMC MyIT interacts with BMC Remedyforce.
BMC MyIT OnDemand integrates with BMC Remedyforce. To provide a unified, dedicated, and secure experience, a BMC Remedyforce organization is mapped to a tenant in BMC MyIT.
On successful validation of entitlement and acceptance of the master subscription application, you receive the following details in an email message:
- For BMC Remedyforce production organizations: URLs to access the BMC MyIT Administration Console and universal client, and URL to download BMC MyIT Mobile application on iOS devices.
- For BMC Remedyforce sandbox organizations: URLs to access the BMC MyIT Administration Console and universal client, and URL to download BMC MyIT Mobile application on iOS devices.
Use the appropriate URLs based on whether you are integrating a BMC Remedyforce production or sandbox organization with BMC MyIT OnDemand. Otherwise, a login error message is displayed.
To enable the BMC MyIT tenant for the organization to be automatically provisioned, the BMC Remedyforce system administrator must be the first user to log on to the BMC MyIT Administration Console.
All BMC Remedyforce clients with a Salesforce Platform license can log on to BMC MyIT using the same credentials as they would use to log on to BMC Remedyforce Self Service. You can manage BMC Remedyforce users such as clients, staff members, and system administrators from BMC Remedyforce. Existing BMC Remedyforce users can continue using BMC Remedyforce based on their role and privileges. There are no changes to Salesforce licenses.
BMC Remedyforce data (such as service requests, knowledge articles, incidents, client data, and so on) and BMC MyIT data (such as calendars, appointments, quick pick lists, and so on) created within an organization or tenant can be accessed by users of that organization or tenant. BMC MyIT integrates with BMC Remedyforce as a connected application to maintain confidentiality of information and access security. The solution provides a completely seamless and unified self-service experience to BMC MyIT clients in interactions with the service desk.