Creating a knowledge article from a record
You can create knowledge articles from records to share information about the resolution of the record. You can create a knowledge article from the following records:
- Service Requests
- Change requests
The knowledge articles that you create are displayed in the Linked Knowledge Articles section of a record. If you do not see the Linked Knowledge Articles section in your record details, contact your system administrator to add it to the layout.
To create a knowledge article from a record
- Click the Remedyforce Console tab.
- From the View menu, select the appropriate module, such as Incidents.
- From the list of records, click the record from which you want to create a knowledge article.
- From the Agent Tools menu, select Create Knowledge Article.
If this option is not available in the Agent Tools menu, contact your system administrator to add it to the menu.
- In the New Knowledge Article window, in the Title field, enter a title for the knowledge article.
The first 30 characters of the Description field of the record appear in the Title field by default. You can enter a different title. A maximum of 255 characters are allowed in this field.
From the Type field, select the required type of the knowledge article, and click Create.
The article is created and saved in the Draft status.
Based on the type of knowledge article that you are creating, data from some of the fields of the record is saved in the appropriate fields of the knowledge article. The following table displays the fields of the record and the corresponding fields of the knowledge article where data is saved:
Fields of record
Fields of knowledge article
- In the Knowledge Article window, click Edit.
- Enter the required details for the knowledge article.
For more information, see Creating a knowledge article.
- Click Save.