Viewing reports for CMDB 1.0
In CMDB 1.0, you can view reports of the CIs that are available in a nonabstract class by clicking
If you have upgraded to BMC Remedyforce 20.14.01 or later and then upgraded to CMDB 2.0, the report icon ( ) is not shown.
For CMDB 2.0, reports are provided in the BMC Remedyforce Reports folder in the Reports tab.
To view a report
- Click the Remedyforce CMDB tab.
- In the left pane of the CMDB Manager, select the class for which you want to view the report.
You can see a maximum of 2000 records in the report. For more information, see http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=limits_analytics_all_editions.htm&language=en_US. .
- (Optional) To view report of another class, from the Class list, select the required class and then click .
To export the report to a CSV or PDF file, clickand then select the required option.
You can export a maximum of 10000 records.
The reports that you export are saved in the BMC Remedyforce folder that you must create in the Documents tab in your Salesforce organization, if not already created. For more information, contact your system administrator.
- To filter records in the report, select the required option from the Column list and enter the value on which you want to filter the records in the Value text box.
Fields that are of type String are available in the Column list.
Creating the BMC Remedyforce folder for viewing CMDB reports
As a system administrator, you must create the BMC Remedyforce folder before exporting a report as the exported reports of CMDB classes are saved in this folder.
- Click All tabs .
- Click Documents.
Ensure that you are clicking the Documents tab that has a page icon.
- Click Create New Folder.
- In the Document Folder Label field, enter BMC Remedyforce.
- In the Public Folder Access list, select Read/Write.
- Click Save.