Use case - Adding radio button options to the service request
When you select Radio Button as the Response Type option for an Input field on the Fulfillment tab of a Request Definition, you need to add the radio button options from which the users can select an option.
For example, for a new employee, IT department must know what type of computer must be issued to the new employee. In this case, you can add the radio button response type with Input/Prompt value as Computer type. The displayed and stored values can be Desktop or Laptop.
To add radio button options to the service request
- In the Response Type list, select Radio Button.
When you select Radio Button as the field type, the Radio Button Value section appears.
- Add values in the "<Displayed Value>","<Stored Value>" format.
Press Enter after every value to ensure that each option is added in a new line. The displayed value is shown to clients in Self Service and stored value is stored in the application.
- Click Add.
The displayed value and stored value of the radio button options are added to the list.
- If you want the radio button option to be selected by default, select the check box in the Default Value column.
- (Optional) After adding a radio button option, perform any of the following actions:
- To move a radio button option (up or down), select the option, and use the up or down arrow.
- To sort radio button options, click .
- To update a radio button option, select the option, modify the value, and click Update.
- To update all radio button options, click .
- To delete a radio button option, select the option, and click .
The following figure shows the radio button options in Self Service: