Use case - Adding a picklist response type
On the Fulfillment tab of a request definition, when you select Picklist as the Response Type option for an Input field, you need to add picklist options from which the users can select.
For example, while raising a request for a new hire, an HR executive must provide the employee location. If your company has multiple locations, you can add a picklist input type with Input/Prompt as Location. The displayed and stored values can be New York, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, and India.
The Allow Multiple Selection check box is available only for the Picklist Response Type. You can select the Conditional check box and define conditions to display the picklist field on the service request using the appropriate logical operators. You can also select the Conditional check box if you selected the Allow Multiple Selection check box.
The number of picklist options that you can add depends on the length of the displayed and stored values of each option. For example, you can add approximately 500 options of 40 characters each (inclusive of the displayed value and the stored value). The number of options can be higher if the picklist items have smaller displayed and stored values.
To add a picklist response type
- In the Response Type list, select Picklist.
Press Enter after every value to ensure that each picklist option is added in a new line.
- In the Picklist Values section, add values in the "<Displayed Value>","<Stored Value>" format.
The displayed value is shown to clients in Self Service and the stored value is stored in the application.
- Click Add.
- If you want the picklist value to be selected by default, select the check box in the Default Value column.
- (Optional) After adding a picklist option, perform any of the following actions:
- To move a picklist option (up or down), select the option, and use the up or down arrow.
- To sort picklist options, click .
- To update a picklist option, select the option, modify the value, and click Update.
- To update all picklist options, click .
- To delete a picklist option, select the picklist option, and click .
- Click Save.
The following figure shows the picklist values in Self Service: