Use case - Adding a Lookup field to a service request
When you select Lookup as a Response Type, a second list appears next to the Response Type list. In the second list, you can select the object whose records you want the client to select in the service request. You can define lookup fields for various objects like
Base Element, and so on. For example, you can add a field of type Lookup to the
Category object to enable clients to select a sub-category of the service request. For this example, you can add an input field, Sub-category, of type Lookup on the
You can identify the application to which the object belongs to from the namespace that is shown with the object name. By default, the Lookup window displays the Name field of the object.
Ensure that clients have at least Read permission for the object whose Lookup field you are adding.
The Lookup list and the Search results displays only 200 records at a time.
Configuring fields to be displayed as columns in the Lookup windows
To configure additional fields to be displayed as columns in the Lookup windows, configure the fields in the Column Headers field set of the object. By default, for some objects like
Tasks, and so on, the Column Headers field set is provided by default.
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Manage Objects tile, and from the menu, select Create and Edit Objects.
- On the Create and Edit Objects page, from the Object list,select the required object or click All Custom Objects and then click the object name.
- In the Field Sets section, click Edit for the Column Headers field set.
If the Column Headers field set does not exist, perform the following steps:
- In the Field Sets section, click New.
- In the Field Set Label field, enter Column Headers.
In the Field Set Name field, enter LinkRecords.
For the Field Set Name field, you need to enter LinkRecords. Only then the fields which are configured in the field set are displayed for the Lookup window.
- In the Where is this used? field, enter the required description about the field set.
- Click Save.
For more information about field sets, see Salesforce Help.
- Drag the fields that you want to show in the Lookup window to the In the Field Set list.
- Click Save.
Ensure that the ServiceDesk Client profile has Visible field-level security for the fields that you add to the Column Headers field set. For more information about how to create field sets, see Using Request Detail field sets in service requests.