Reporting an issue
When you have an issue for which you cannot find a solution, you can use one of the following options to resolve the issue:
- On the Common Tickets tab, browse through the list of incident templates that you can use to report the issue.
- If the available incident templates do not suit your requirements, use the Submit a Ticket tile to create a ticket or report the issue.
- Use Chatter to post a message in a Chatter group. If your system administrator has configured Chatter Listener to monitor the specified group and create incidents, an incident is created in BMC Remedyforce.
- Create a service request for the issue from the incident templates available on the Common Service Requests tab.
If your system administrator has configured Self Service to display incident templates and service requests separately, the Common Service Requests and Common Tickets tabs appear. The Common Tickets tab does not appear if your system administrator has configured Self Service to display both incident templates and service requests in the Common Service Requests tab.
To report an issue
- In the Common Tickets or Common Service Requests tab, perform one of the following actions:
- If the required incident template is not displayed, browse through the catalog of incident templates.
- If the required incident template is displayed, click the incident template that suits your requirements.
- Search for the required incident template by performing the following actions:
Enter keywords (for example, network, hardware, and so on) or at least two characters in the Search field.
If you type All, the search results display service requests and incident templates that contain All in any field. The search results also display those service requests that are visible to your profile.
- Click Search.
- In the Common Tickets tab, click the required incident template.
- If the available incident templates do not suit your requirements, click Submit a Ticket to report an issue.
To report an issue for another user, click the On behalf of list to open the Select From Clients window and select the required client.
If the On behalf of list does not appear, you are not authorized to report issues for other users. The following table lists the conditions that must exist for you to have this authorization.
Both of the following conditions apply:
- Your role is <Account name> Customer Executive or <Account name> Customer Manager
- Your profile was created by using a Customer Portal Manager Custom license
Create a ticket or service request for yourself and other users in your account.
Your profile was created by using one of the following licenses:
- Salesforce Platform
- Chatter Only
Create a ticket or service request for yourself and other users below you in the Role Hierarchy. However, you cannot create a ticket for Customer Portal Licence users.
One of the following conditions applies:
- Your role is <Account name> Customer User
- Your role is the last role in the role hierarchy
- A role is not assigned to your User record
The On behalf of list is not visible to you.
- In the Describe your issue field, type your requirements or describe the issue you are facing.
If you are using the custom form and your system administrator has added fields from the out-of-the-box field sets, enter values for the fields present on the custom form.
- Click the Category list.
If you have selected an incident template, the Category list is populated with the category of the incident template. The Category list does not have a value when you click the Submit a Ticket tile. To see a description of a category, place your cursor over the selected category in the category tree.
- In the Select From Categories window, select the category of the issue and click OK.
(Optional) In the Add Attachments and Notes section, add an attachment to the ticket.
Attachments cannot exceed 5 MB. Also, you can delete only your own attachments. You cannot delete attachments added by staff members.
The attachments that you have added to the ticket are displayed in the Attachments section.
- Click Submit.
- (Optional) To add more details about the ticket, type the details in the Note field and click Add.
If the text that you want to add is long, click to view a larger text box for your note.
The Note field is cleared, and the text that you typed is added to the table. To view the text, double-click the record; the text is displayed in the Ticket History window.
The staff member who is assigned to this ticket types the solution that you require in the Solution field. If the solution text is long, click to view resolution in a larger text box. The documents that the staff member attaches with the ticket are displayed in the Attachments section, and the Added By column is populated with the text Service Desk.