Managing permissions for CMDB classes
To enable users to add, edit, or delete a configuration item (CI) of an out-of-the-box CMDB class, you must provide permissions to the object of the class. Although all the classes are field sets of the
Base Element object, permission to manage a CI of a class is controlled by the object of the class. For example, to prevent users of a profile for deleting a computer system CI, remove the Delete permission of the
Computer Systems object from the appropriate user profile.
The following procedure is based on the enhanced profile user interface provided by Salesforce. For information about enabling the enhanced profile interface, see the Salesforce Help.
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Manage Users tile, and from the menu, select Profiles.
- On the Profiles page, click a user profile, such as ServiceDesk Staff.
- In the Apps section, click Object Settings.
- Click the object for which you want to manage permissions, such as Computer Systems.
- Click Edit.
- Configure the appropriate permissions of the object (Read, Create, Edit, or Delete).
For example, to enable users of a profile to create and edit computer system records, select the Read, Create, and Edit check boxes for the
For more information about permissions, see Salesforce Help.
- Click Save.