Enabling or disabling Chatter
You must enable Chatter in BMC Remedyforce and in your Salesforce organization for using Chatter Feed and creating records by using Chatter posts.
If you do not want your users to access Chatter in your Salesforce organization, disable Chatter. BMC recommends that you disable Chatter in BMC Remedyforce if you have disabled Chatter in your Salesforce organization. If you disable Chatter in your Salesforce organization and not in BMC Remedyforce, you might get ApexApplication error email messages.
To disable Chatter from the Salesforce organization
- Navigate to Setup > Customize > Chatter > Manage Your Chatter Settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Chatter Settings section, clear the Enable check box.
To disable Chatter from BMC Remedyforce
- Navigate to Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > Chatter in the BMC Remedyforce home page.
- Select the Disable Chatter check box.
- Click Save.
Enabling feed tracking for Salesforce Chatter
After you have installed the managed package, you must enable feed tracking for custom objects and the fields of custom objects. You can enable feed tracking for 20 fields of each object. The updates of the enabled fields appear in the Chatter Feed.
Enable feed tracking for the following custom objects and the fields of custom objects:
- Change Request
- Base Element - Enable feed tracking for this object to view posts, comments, and field updates that are made to a configuration item.
For more information about enabling feed tracking, see https://na7.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=collab_overview.htm&loc=help&hash=topic-title.
If you have added custom fields to existing objects or to custom objects, you must enable feed tracking to track changes to those fields in the Chatter feed.