Customizing fields shown in the CMDB Manager list view
You can configure the columns shown in the list view of the CMDB Manager. As an administrator, you can:
- Add or remove columns
- Define the display order of the columns
- Define the width of each column
You can configure the list view only for the Base Element or Business Service class. This configuration is not based on profiles or users.
By default, 25 columns are shown in the list view. To update the number, change the value in the CMDBListViewLimit custom setting. For more information, see Customizing custom setting value.
To customize the fields shown in the CMDB Manager list view
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select CMDB List View Customization.
- Select the class from the list.
When you select Base Element, fields of the
Base Elementobject are shown in the Available Column list. In CMDB 2.0, when you select Business Service, fields that are available in the Business Service, Logical Entity, and Base Element field sets of the
Base Elementobject are shown. In CMDB 1.0, when you select Business Service in the list, fields of the
Business Serviceobject are shown. For more information about how data is stored in CMDB 1.0 and 2.0, see BMC Remedyforce CMDB architecture.
- From the Available Columns list, select the required columns and to move the selected columns to the Selected Columns list, click the right arrow.
- (Optional) To remove columns from the Selected Columns list, select the columns and click the left arrow.
The columns displayed in the CMDB list view are in the order in which you have added them. To modify the position of the column in the display order of the CMDB list view, you can select a column and click the up arrow or the down arrow in the Selected Columns list.
- In the Pixels field, enter the width of each column in pixels (100 pixels = 2.646 cm).
- (Optional) In the Preview section, you can also preview the changes made to the CMDB list view.
If users have logged on to the Remedyforce CMDB tab, they must click Refresh to view the changes in the CMDB list view.
- Click Save.