Creating the SRD
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Application tile, and from the menu select Request Definitions.
- In the Request Definitions list view, click .
- Enter title and description of the new service request definition.
To add any information in the Rich Text Format (RTF), click Rich Text Description. You can view the embedded RTF text (for example, images, different fonts, comments) in the preview section of the service request in Self Service.
From the Service field, select the service that you have created for the SRD.
To create a new service, click . After selecting a service, if you add a new service by clicking , the new service is not replaced in the Service field. The new service will appear in the Service lookup field. This behavior is applicable to all fields where you can add a new value by clicking .
- From the Service Offering field, select the service offering for which you are creating the SRD.
When you select a service offering, the Price, Cost, Start Date, and End Date of the service offering are populated in the Price, Cost, Start Date, and End Date fields of the SRD. However, you can change the values in these fields.
By default, the currency is displayed in U.S. dollars. You can configure the currency used in Service Request Management on the Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Setting page.
To create a new service offering, click .
- From the Category field, select the category of the SRD.
The Select From Categories window displays Service Request categories and categories that are available to both Incident Management and Service Request Management. Incident categories appear in this window if they are parent categories to Service Request categories.
To create a new category, click .
- From the Incident Template field, select the incident template that will be used to create the service request record on which a staff member will work.
To create a new incident template, click .
- From the Service Request Template field, select the Request Details template that you have created.
To create a new Request Details template, click .
- The Price and Cost values for the service request are populated from the selected service offering. However, you can update values in the Price and Cost fields.
- In the Turnaround Time field, enter the turnaround time for the service request.
- Enter start and end dates for availability of the SRD to clients.
- (Optional) In the URL for More Information field, enter the URL that provides more information about the service request definition.
(Optional) In the Image field, select an image to display to Self Service clients in the Top Requests panel
After you have added an image to the SRD, you cannot delete the image.
BMC recommends that you use an image with a length and width of 32x32.
To select an image that is uploaded to the BMC Service Request Icons folder of the Documents tab of your Salesforce.com organization, click Select From Salesforce.
- In the Status list, select the status of the service.
- To make the SRD available for Self Service clients and staff members to create service requests, select the Online check box.
- (Optional) To submit the SRD for approval when matching criteria is met, select the Automatically Submit for Approval (when matching criteria is met) check box.
After the service request is approved, the fulfillment records are created.
- (Optional) To make the SRD available for the Self Service mobile application, select the Mobile check box.
- Click .
To embed a direct link to the service request definition, use the link in the Self Service Link field. This field is populated automatically only after you save the SRD.
You can embed this direct link on your intranet or send it by using an email message. When the user clicks the link, the corresponding form opens in Self Service. For more information, see Providing direct links for Self Service components.
The Self Service Link field is displayed only if you are using Self Service 2.0.