Configuring record assignment settings
The Application Settings > Record Assignment page provides settings that you can use to assign a record to a user or queue.
On this page, you can also configure multiple status values of the Acknowledged stage of an Incident, Change Request, Problem, and Task. With this configuration, if the status of an Incident, Change Request, Problem, or Task is changed to any configured status, the record is assigned to the logged-on user. For example, you select the Accepted status for Incident. Whenever the status of an incident changes to Accepted, the incident is assigned to the logged-on user.
To configure record assignment settings
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select Record Assignment.
- To view the status of the records that are assigned to a queue even though the records are not assigned to you, select the Enable Queue and User Assignment check box.
In the console layout, if the Enable Queue and User Assignment check box is selected, the Staff and Queue fields are shown in the Assignment Details section of the object forms. If the Enable Queue and User Assignment check box is clear, the Owner field is shown in the Assignment Details section.
- In the Auto Assignment section, from the For list, select one of the following objects:
- Change Request
- From the Available Status Values list, select the required status values and to move the selected status values to the Selected Status Values list, click the right arrow.
- (Optional) To remove status values from the Selected Status Values list, select the status values and click the left arrow.
- Click Save.
- Repeat step 4 to step 7 for the required objects.