Configuring BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring and Analytics integration with BMC Remedyforce
This section provides instructions for configuring the BMC Remedyforce integration with BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring and Analytics:
To configure BMC Remedyforce to create incidents from email messages received from BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring and Analytics
- Create an email listener in BMC Remedyforce.
For more information about creating an email listener, see Creating incidents and retrieving incident status through email messages.
Add the EmailCreateIncident out-of-the-box Apex class to the email service.
To create incidents without using a template, skip to step 8.
- (Optional) Create a template in BMC Remedyforce to prepopulate commonly used data on an Incident form when a new incident is created from an email message.
- (Optional) In the newly created template, select the EUEM Alert out-of-the-box category.
- (Optional) On the Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings page, select Replace form field values with template field values option to use templates.
- (Optional) Navigate to Remedyforce Administration > Configure Workflow & Approvals > Workflow Rules and clone the Apply template to End User Experience Management created incident workflow rule and activate it.
By default, the workflow is deactivated.
- (Optional)To edit the cloned workflow, perform the following actions:
- In the Workflow Actions section, from the Add Workflow Action list, select the New Field Update type of action.
- In the Field to Update list, select Template Name.
- In the Specify New Field Value section, select Use a formula to set the new value.
- Type the name of the newly created template enclosed in double quotes.
For example, if the template name is CreateEUEMIncident, type " CreateEUEMIncident ".
- Configure the Automated Incident Management (AIM) application to set alerts on monitored attribute violations.
For more information, see Overview of field sets.
To configure alerts in BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring and Analytics
- In the BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring and Analytics - Real User Monitor, navigate to Administration > Watchpoint management > Available Watchpoints > configure a Watchpoint.
For more information about configuring alerts, see BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring and Analytics documentation.
- Navigate to Administration > Thresholds and problem detection > Incident detection and edit the incident detection rule.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- (Optional) Select the Send email to notification group and select the required group.
- Select the Send email to or Send email to notification group field in the Notify when critical section, depending on the data that you want to send.
- In the Send email to field, type the email address of the newly created email listener that was configured in BMC Remedyforce.
Email messages are generated in BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring and Analytics and sent to BMC Remedyforce. From the received email message, an incident is created in BMC Remedyforce. The body of the email content is copied to the Description field of the incident.
If the email address of a received email message does not match any of the client email address, you must select the Client for Unidentified Sender field. The Client for Unidentified Sender field is available on the Remedyforce Administration > Configure Email > Incident - Email Settings page in the Identifying Email Sender section. However, BMC recommends that you create a Client for your monitoring system with the appropriate email address.