Configuring fields to search for matching incidents
By default, staff users can search matching incidents on the basis of account, client, and category. You can configure fields more fields in the Incident Matching field set to enable staff members to select search for matching incidents based on those fields. The first 15 fields (excluding the fields of data type Text Area (Long)) that you configure are displayed to the staff members in the Incident Matching window. Staff members can select any of the configured fields to search for matching incidents.
If you do not select any field, matching incidents are searched on the basis of account, client, and category, by default. The fields displayed as columns in the search result are configured in the Column Headers field set. For more information, see Configuring fields shown in the list views and lookup fields.
To configure fields to search for matching incidents
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click Manage Objects tile, and from the menu, select Create and Edit Objects.
- From the Object list, select Incident, and then click Field Sets.
- In the Field Sets section, in the Action column for Incident Matching, click Edit.
- Drag the required fields to the In the Field Set list.
You can add custom fields of data type Text Area (Long); however those fields are not shown in the Incidents Matching window. Also, out-of-the-box fields of data type Date and Time are not displayed in the list.
- Click Save.
Log in or register to comment.