Installing TrueSight Network Automation - Data Warehouse using the wizard
Where are you in the installation process
|1.||Complete the planning activities|
Install TrueSight Network Automation - Data Warehouse (You are here)
Complete the post-installation tasks for TrueSight Network Automation - Data Warehouse
Install TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform
Complete the post-installation tasks for TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform
Do the following:
- Log in to the host computer on which you want to install TrueSight Network Automation - Data Warehouse, and delete all the files from the temporary directory (%temp%).
- Extract the downloaded zip files (the installer) to a temporary location outside the C:\Program Files directory to avoid any file sharing conflicts.
Disk1 directory is created that contains the installation executable and other supporting files.
- Exit all programs and navigate to the Disk1 directory.
- As an administrator, double-click the setup.exe file.
- Select the installation language, and click OK.
- Review the welcome page, and click Next.
Read the End User License Agreement, agree to the terms, and click Next.
Select an absolute path for the installation directory, and click Next. If required, change the default installation directory.
The default installation directory is C:\Program Files\BMC Software\TSNADW.
Type the following details for the Windows administrator, and click Next.
Admin user name
This name must be part of the administrators group that you provide in the Administrators Group field.
Specify domain name in the Windows Domain field if the user is a domain user.
Specify host name in the Windows Domain field if the user is a Windows user.
Administrators Group. The administrator group name depends on the operating system type. For Windows, it is Administrators.
The Admin User must be a user with administrative privileges in the Windows domain. If a domain user with administrative privileges is performing the installation, the user must log on as domainName\userName and if the user is a local system user, the user must log on as hostName\userName.
Create a password for the DWNetworkAdmin user with Administrative privileges (view ETL status, and a few reporting capabilities). Confirm the password, and click Next.
The password length must be at least eight characters.
- Select a database type, and provide the database host name, port number, and database name. For PostgreSQL and SQL Server, the default database name is bcan_dwh. For Oracle, the default service name is ora.
- Type the following details for the TrueSight Network Automation database connection, and click Next:
- Database host name or IP address
- Port number. The default values are:
- 15432 for embedded PostgreSQL
- 5432 for remote PostgreSQL
- 1521 for Oracle
- 1433 for SQL Server. If you are using a named instance, provide port number of that instance.
- Database name. For PostgreSQL and SQL Server, type the database name. For Oracle, provide the service name.
- User name
- Type port numbers for the Apache Tomcat web server, and click Next. The default values are:
HTTPS port number: 9443
Control port number: 9005
Redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS. Use this option if you want to redirect HTTP request to HTTPS. If you do not select this option, you do not need to provide the HTTP port (below) and it is disabled.
HTTP port number: 9080. You do not need to provide this port number if you have chosen not to redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS.
Type the Web Server certificate information to generate the HTTPS certificate and click Next. The default values are:
Common Name (CN): local host name
Organizational Unit (OU): (optional) None
Organization Name (O): (optional) None
Locality Name (L): (optional) None
State Name (L): (optional) None
Country (L): (optional) None
Create Keystore Password: None
Confirm Keystore Password: None
The keystore password length must be at least six characters. It should contain at least one uppercase character, at least one lowercase character, at least one digit, and at least one special character except for # % & >.
Review the web server memory and system information and click Next. The default values are:
- Initial Memory Allocation: 64 MB
- Maximum Memory Allocation: 256 MB
Additional Startup Options: None
Specify details for the ETL process, and click Next.
You need read and write permissions on the TSNADWInstallationDirectory\dwh\xml directory and its files to run ETL.
Data Collection Interval. Select how often the ETL process needs to be run. Values are every hour, or every 6, 12, or 24 hours. (default is every hour). BMC recommends running ETL every 24 hours.
Data Collection Origin Time. Select the hour at which the first ETL process runs (not shown if the above selection is "every hour"). Example: If you select "every 6 hours" and an origin of 1 (1:00am), then the ETL process runs at 1:00am, 7:00am, 1:00pm, and 7:00pm.
Schedule ETL Task Later. This option is unchecked by default. Select this option if you want to run the ETL later.
Data Warehouse Purge Days. Select the period after which you want the data to be purged from the warehouse. BMC recommends setting it to 12 months.
Create Purge task in disabled mode. It is mandatory to create a purge task for the product and extremely important for maintenance and upgrade purposes. If you do not want to purge the database, you can use this to create a purge task and disable it.
Pull TSNA data starting from. Select the starting month (from the last 24 months) from which to pull data from TrueSight Network Automation. Set it to the maximum value available. This option is not available with migration, because you already have data in warehouse.
Review the Installation Preview page and click Install to start the installation. After the installation is complete, the Installation Summary page is displayed.
(optional) Click View Log to view the installation log details on the screen. From the log view, you can expand and view the log messages.
Click Done to exit the installation program.
Next step in the installation process
Now that you have successfully installed Network Automation - Data Warehouse, the next step in the installation process is to complete the Post-installation tasks for Network Automation - Data Warehouse.