Defining queue manager profiles
You need at least one profile for each management type you use.
MainView for MQ supports the following management types:
Management types supported by MainView for MQ
Queue manager is on the local MVS system.
Queue manager is on a non-MVS platform and managed through a proxy queue manager on the MVS system.
Queue manager is on a non-MVS platform and managed through a Node Manager that is installed on the non-MVS system.
Messages are exchanged over a TCP/IP connection.
The following sections describe how to view, add, change, and delete queue manager profiles. A scenario for creating and changing queue manager profiles is provided in Establishing queue managers.
To access queue manager profiles, you must be in target mode and not in SSI mode.
- Adding queue manager profiles
- Viewing queue manager profiles
- Changing queue manager profiles
- Deleting queue manager profiles
- QMPROF view primary commands
- QMPROF view line commands
- Establishing an edit lock
- Creating user-specified suffixes for queue manager profiles
- Queue manager profile fields
- Primary commands on the QMPROF view
- Line commands on the QMPROF view
- Hyperlinking to display an existing queue manager profile