Transactions that are excluded from task kill processing
A system task
A transaction that is currently executing a DFH* program
After applying PTF BPC6276, the CWBA transaction, or a user transaction executing or attached by a DFHWB* (Web Alias) program, is eligible for kill exit processing.
A transaction that is currently executing one of the EZACIC* programs (CICS Socket Exits)
A transaction that is currently executing a EYU* (IBM CPSM) program
A transaction that is currently executing a EQA* (IBM DEBUG TOOL) program
- A transaction that is currently executing a DBUGCXI (Compuware Expediter) program
A transaction that has already abended
A transaction that is abending or dumping
BMC transactions (JNL2, FST2, BMCE, FIC2, BCRT, SMN2 and FCD2)
The task kill function will not kill a task for certain thresholds or options if the MainView for CICS Extractor is not running or if the CICS Monitoring Function (CMP) is not active, as described earlier and in the online Help for the CMRTTHR views and related dialogs.
You can also exclude other transactions from resource management by using the XDEBUG and the Kill Mirror options under CMRTTHR:
- Use the XDEBUG option to exclude transactions that are started under CEDF (includes CEDX, CEDG and CEDY), XPED (Compuware Xpediter), IBM Debug Tool, or all the above.
- If the IBM Debug tool starts debugging an active task, that task will not be under resource limitation, even if it was under resource limitation previously.
- Excluding transactions that are being debugged by the IBM Debug Tool involves extra overhead. Unless you are using the IBM Debug Tool, you should not specify XDEBUG=IDBG or XDEBUG=ALL
- The Kill Mirror option excludes transactions that are running the DFHMIRS* program when the kill exit gets control.
- If the DFHMIRS* program does not schedule any EXEC CICS, it will not be killed by the exit, no matter what is specified in this option.
For more information about these options, see the online Help.