Viewing metrics for your cloud services
In BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management, you can configure and use a service dashboard to track the quality of multiple cloud services. Service Dashboard makes it convenient for your organization to track the status and view metrics of all your services.
To view the metrics of your cloud services:
- As a Multi-cloud Service Admin, log in to BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management.
On the Service Dashboard page, in Time Period, select the duration for which you want to view the metrics.
The following table describes the details that are displayed in the Service Dashboard:
Annotation Detail Description 1 Status The current status of the cloud service that is determined by the service data in Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) or BMC Helix IT Service Management (ITSM). 2 Number of incidents
Number of incidents that are sent to the service provider for the selected time period, based on the number of record definition instances in BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management.
3 Availability The percentage of time the service has been available for the selected time period. It is deduced from the data that is retrieved from Remedy ITSM. 4 Service Target Breach The percentage of time service targets were breached for ticket response and resolution, by verifying data against the service targets set in SLM. 5 Notifications
Multi-Cloud Service Management receives notifications if you have subscribed for the service status and health updates with your service provider.
- (Optional) To gain more insights into the metrics of a service, click the required service.
The details page presents a graphical representation of health data for the last 4 weeks while the health summary page lists information for the time period that you select.
The details page for each service displays:
- Incidents that are sent to a vendor, that specifically indicates the number of open and resolved tickets.
- Incidents that are grouped as per the priority—Critical, High, Medium, and Low.
- Percentage availability that indicates which parts of outages were scheduled and unscheduled.
- Vendor-specific notifications that you have subscribed to.
- A list of all the tickets that were brokered between BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management and your cloud service provider in the last 4 weeks.
- A link to the corresponding ticket in BMC Remedy with Smart IT.
Tracking services from the Service Dashboard thus enables you to view the SLAs and also assess the health of the service you are being provided.