Troubleshooting configuration issues for failed transactions
When tickets are brokered, multiple issues can cause the transaction to fail. The BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management Error Management console provides a consolidated view of failed brokering transactions, and enables you to view the errors related to the transactions. You can review these errors, take the necessary actions to fix them, and then either re-run the transaction or mark it as completed.
The Error Management console provides the following advantages:
- A single point to access failed transaction records
- An easy way to update the status of failed transactions
- An easy way to view error information related to a failed transaction
Valid status transitions
The Error Management Console lists all the failed ticket brokering transactions. A transaction is marked as Failed after 5 unsuccessful attempts to create a brokered record. As a BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management administrator, you can view details of the failed transaction, review the error information, and perform the required tasks to fix the errors. After you fix the errors, update the status of the transaction to Retry.
- If the ticket is brokered successfully, the status of the transaction is automatically changed to Fixed. You can then manually update the status of the transaction to Closed.
- If a transaction fails after a retry, the status is automatically changed to Error. You can update an errored transaction to Retry or to Closed if you want to complete the transaction. If you update the status to Retry, the next retry is attempted after a couple of minutes.
- You can also choose to change the status of a Failed transaction to Closed if you do not want to retry that transaction and complete it instead. However, once a failed transaction is moved to Closed, you cannot retry the transaction.
To view and update failed transactions
- Log in to BMC Helix Platform as an administrator.
- Navigate to Workspace > Applications, and click Multi-Cloud Service Management from the list of applications.
- On the top-right corner of the page, click Visit Deployed Application to launch BMC Helix Platform.
In BMC Helix Platform, to open the error console click Error Management .
The error console lists all the transactions that failed, along with their current status.
Click a transaction record to view the details of the transaction.
The following details are displayed:
Field Description Status The current status of the transaction. Ticket ID ID of the Remedy ITSM ticket for which the transaction failed. Created Date and Modified Date The date and time when the Remedy ITSM ticket was created and last modified. Error History section Created Date Date the entry was created Error Code
The BMC Helix Platform error code associated with the error.
Displays details of the error encountered when attempting to broker the ticket. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management related connection errors and BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management Issues are displayed.
The number of times the system attempted to complete the transaction. When you move the status of transaction record to Retry, this count is reset to 0.
For transactions type integration-service-flow-run:
- T he Status field is displayed in read-only mode.
- The Error Text field is displayed.
You can perform one of the following actions:
To retry a Failed transaction, review the error text and take appropriate action to fix the error. Then update the status of the transaction to Retry.
When the retry attempt is successful, the status is automatically updated to Fixed.
When the retry attempt fails, the status is automatically updated to Error.
To close a Failed transaction without attempting to retry it, update the status to Closed.
To close an Error or Fixed transaction, update the status to Closed.
For transactions with type integration-service-flow-run, the Status field is read-only and the Error Text field is displayed.
- Save the record.