IT operations management integration between Azure Monitor and Remedy ITSM
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management provides prebuilt integration with Azure Monitor so that you can track the availability, efficiency and performance of your organization's processes and services from a single console. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management facilitates ticket creation and status updates in Remedy ITSM based on the Azure alerts.
Calbro services has applications developed and deployed in Azure and monitor the availability and responsiveness of the applications using Azure Monitor. Azure Monitor triggers alerts based on the pre-defined conditions in the applications monitoring data. For example, Azure Monitor can fire alerts whenever the response time and CPU usage of the applications cross a threshold value. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management creates incidents in Remedy ITSM based on the triggering of specific Azure alerts, so that Calbro Services can remediate the issue even before a service request is raised for the problem.
The following conditions apply to this scenario:
Azure monitor fires alerts for high CPU usage by the application.
A ticket needs to be created with Remedy ITSM.
Calbro Services implements their requirements by using BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management:
- The tenant administrator sets up BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management to integrate Remedy ITSM with Azure Monitor. The administrator also sets up the required trigger conditions for creating incidents in Remedy ITSM.
- Azure Monitor fires alerts when a defined metric crosses a threshold value.
- BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management validates the trigger conditions and creates a ticket in Remedy ITSM.
- The Remedy ITSM incident displays the incident details in the Smart IT console.
- Effective ticket management from a single console
- Easy tracking of ticket data and updates