Incident management for multiple vendors
When utilizing cloud services from multiple providers, organizations face the challenge of submitting requests in various issue tracking systems. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management enables you to manage incidents for multiple vendors using Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) or BMC Helix IT Service Management (ITSM).
Calbro Services uses the Salesforce Chatter service for collaboration among employees within their organization. An employee experiencing connection issues with Chatter creates an internal service desk ticket. The incident is assigned to Mary, who is a service desk agent. On closer examination, Mary concludes that the issue needs to be reported to the cloud service provider for resolution. Mary updates the ticket to match the pre-defined trigger criteria and the incident is automatically brokered to Salesforce.
The following conditions apply to this scenario:
- Mary uses Remedy ITSM for incident management.
- A ticket needs to be created with Salesforce Service Cloud.
Calbro Services implements their requirements by using BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management:
- The tenant administrator sets up BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management to integrate Remedy ITSM with Salesforce. The administrator also sets up the required trigger conditions for the vendor ticket creation.
- Mary creates a Remedy ITSM incident by using Smart IT.
- BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management validates the trigger conditions and creates a ticket with Salesforce Service Cloud.
- The Remedy ITSM incident displays the details of the vendor ticket along with other incident details in the Smart IT console.
- Effective ticket management from a single console
- Easy tracking of ticket data and updates