DevOps integration with multiple instances of JIRA Software
The development teams and IT operations teams in most organizations use separate tools to track their efforts. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management enables the development and IT operations teams to work together seamlessly, irrespective of the tools they use. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management helps integrate Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) and BMC Helix IT Service Management (ITSM) with development tracking tools like Atlassian JIRA Software.
You can choose to integrate BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management with more than one instance of Jira, if required. For example, an organization may have teams working on different applications, each using a separate instance of Jira. Using BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management, the organization can integrate their Remedy ITSM instance with all the relevant Jira instances.
Calbro Services needs to update their company's leave tracking application and their payroll application to add a new field that will display the name of the group manager. The company practices continuous delivery of code-to-production deployments. Calbro Services requires that a change request be created whenever a Jira user story reaches a certain status.
The following conditions apply to this scenario:
- The IT operations team uses Remedy ITSM for change tracking
- The two development teams (working separately on the leave tracking application and the payroll application) use different instances of Jira to track their development efforts.
Calbro Services implements their requirements by using BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management:
- The tenant administrator sets up BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management to integrate Remedy ITSM with two separate Jira instances. The administrator also sets up the required trigger conditions for the change request creation.
- Each development team creates a user story in their respective instances of Jira and starts their development effort.
- After the development teams mark each story as Done, BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management creates corresponding change requests in Remedy ITSM.
- The IT operations team can view both change requests in Remedy with Smart IT and can track the changes to deployment.
Effective service management with the capability to integrate with multiple tools.
- Savings in effort and time by eliminating manual a creation of change request for each user story.
- Seamless communication across teams - Both the Remedy ITSM change request and the Jira user stories are updated when a note is added or the status is updated for the change request or the user story.