Common connector target for processes
A process uses actions to implement the business logic for a given business case that can be triggered by rules. Connector processes defined in BMC Helix Platform call specific vendor actions to perform different business functionality. The connector processes are associated with Connector Targets that provide the connection information required by the process to connect to the vendor service.
Connector Target configuration includes the configuration and account details of the connector. The connector details are available in BMC Helix Integration Service.
To configure Connector Targets
BMC preconfigures the out-of-the-box connector targets for all BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management features. If you want to update the connector configuration or account information, update the connector target for the feature.
Do not delete the out-of-the-box Connector Targets.
- To navigate to BMC Helix Platform, in the Configuration Links page, click Configure Connector Targets in Innovation Studio under Required Common Configurations.
You need to configure the connector targets listed for each feature on the Configuration Links page, in addition to the ones listed under Required Common Configuration.
- Click the connector target you want to configure or click to configure a new connector target.
Enter or update the following values and save the configuration.
Field Instructions Name Enter a unique name for the configuration. The name is associated with the process that is related to the connector you are configuring. Connector Type
Select the connector type from the list of connectors available to you in BMC Helix Integration Service.
Select a configuration from the list.
For example, if you select qradar as the Connector Type, all the configurations that you have made for qradar are displayed in the Configuration list.
Profile Select a profile. For example, if you select qradar as the Connector Type, all the profiles that you have created for qradar are displayed in the Configuration list.
To copy processes in BMC Helix Platform
On the Configuration Links page, click Copy processes in Innovation Studio to navigate to BMC Helix Platform for the process configuration.
The Copy processes in Innovation Studio option is displayed if you have created a vendor mapping for each instance of the ticketing technology provider and provided the instance name.
For each process listed on the Configuration Links page, select it from the Processes list and click Copy.
A copy of the process is created, and all the connectors and components of the selected process are displayed.
Enter the name suggested on the Configuration Links page in Name field of the General tab.
After you create a copy of the process, contact BMC Support to configure the processes you have created.
After saving your updates, complete this procedure for all the Connector Targets listed on the Configuration Links page.
MCSM Remedy ITSM Connector Target
For the MCSM Remedy ITSM connector target, define the connection configuration and profile required by the connector process.
Problem Management updates for Connector Targets
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management provides support for Problem Management. If you upgraded from version 18.08 and had configured BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management to use multiple instances of Jira, you must update the copy of the Connector Process Jira created for each Jira instance to support Problem integration.
To update the copies of the connector process to support Problem integration
- Log in to BMC Helix Platform.
- Navigate to Libraries > Ticket Brokering Library.
- Under Processes, click the copy of the Connect Process JIRA process created for your Jira instance.
- On the Properties tab, under Variables, click Add/Remove variables and add Problem Record as an Input Variable.
- Drag the Connector element under Activities from the palette onto the process canvas and name it Create Jira issue from Problem.
- Select the connector element, and navigate to the Element Properties tab.
Add the following parameters:
Parameter Expression Issue Summary (( Remedy Problem ID + " ") + Summary) Issue Type "Story" Project "Project" Dynamic Fields Dynamic Fields Issue Description Description Labels Remedy Problem ID Priority "P3"
- Create a condition line from the exclusive gateway to the Connector element, and define the Action Name as Create Ticket From Problem
- Add a termination line from the connector block to the end process indicator.
BMC Helix Integration Service