Updating configurations to send and receive data from custom Salesforce Service Cloud objects
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker enables you to send and receive the data from custom objects in Salesforce Service Cloud. You can add the following types of custom objects:
- Custom case object—A custom object to replace the default case object in the Service Cloud.
- Custom Case Comment—A custom comment object to replace the default Case Comment object.
To map the custom object to the Remedy IT Service Management Suite (Remedy ITSM Suite) or BMC Helix ITSM incident fields, you should update your configuration, processes, and flows.
To update the Service Cloud connector configuration with a custom object schema
- Create the custom object in Service Cloud.
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Service.
- Navigate to Catalog and click Connectors.
- Select the Service Cloud connector and click the arrow on the ribbon in the lower section of the screen to open the Configuration pane.
- Click Configuration and update the custom object schema:
- In Configuration <verify>, select the configuration for which you created the custom object.
In Additional Custom Object, enter the name of the custom object.
Enter the API name of the object suffixed with __c. Do not enter the label name of the object.
- Click Save.
- Click Custom Fields.
- Select the connector configuration updated with the additional custom object and click Generate or Re-Generate.
Regenerating the schema adds triggers, actions, and fields for the custom object to the configuration. The triggers and actions can then be used to create flows and map custom object fields to BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker Incident fields.
To update the connector configuration and processes to map the custom object to a BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker incident
- Log in to BMC Helix Platform as an administrator.
- On the Administration tab, select Configure my server > Integration Service > Connector Configuration.
- Select MCSM Service Cloud.
- On the Edit Connector Configuration page, select the Configuration and Profile with the Service Cloud connector configuration and profile for which a custom object schema is defined BMC Helix Integration Service and click Save.
- On the Workspace tab, select Ticket Brokering Library > Processes.
- Select Connector Process Service Cloud, and click .
In the Process designer, in the General section, name the process Connector Process Service Cloud for <instanceName>.
Make sure that you name the process Connector Process Service Cloud for <instanceName>.
<instanceName> in the name provided in the Instance Name field in the Vendor Mapping configuration for your Service Cloud instance.
Depending on the custom Service Cloud object you created, select the appropriate action.
Action to update
To use a custom object instead of the default Service Cloud Case object Create Case Connector Custom Case Object To use a custom object instead of the default Service Cloud Case Comment object Add Case Comment Connector
Custom Case Comment
In the right pane of the Process designer, click the Properties tab.
- Update the label of the process action as appropriate for your custom object. <Custom field should be custom object>
In the Input Map section, select the following values:
Field Value Connection MCSM Service Cloud Action
Select the custom object action that you want to execute.
The mapped Input and Output fields are cleared when you update the Action field.
Click Add/Remove Parameters and select the Service Cloud custom object parameters you want to map.
For each parameter, click to open the expression builder. For more information about the expression builder, see .
By using the expression builder, map the parameters with the appropriate ITSM incident fields and then click OK.
Following is an example Custom Case Comment object mapping to BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker worklog record:
Parameter Value Case
Add Vendor Ticket ID
Add the Comment Text field available under Worklog Record
Remedy ID Add the Parent_GUID field available under Worklog Record Remedy Owner Add the Author field available under Worklog Record Source System Enter "Remedy". Start Time Add the Created Date field available under Worklog Record Subject Add the Description field available under Worklog Record
For a custom case object, you must map the required fields for the new object.
Under Output Map, click Add.
In the Name field, select Vendor Ticket ID.
Click Click to build an expression, and select an output parameter for the selected action. This parameter is used as a unique identifier for the record in the expression builder.
- Save the process and close.
To create a vendor data mapping to add the metadata and field mapping for the Service Cloud instance
- On the Workspace tab, select Multi-Cloud Service Management.
- Click Visit Deployed Application.
- In BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker click Settings.
- Select Configure vendors.
- Click .
- Enter the values for the fields:
Field Description Description Enter Service Cloud Metadata Ticketing Technology Provider Select Service Cloud Instance Name Enter the same instance name provided in the name of the process created for the custom object.
Click Add Mapping.
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker displays the default Instance URL, Vendor Field Mapping, and Display Field Mapping.
- Update the vendor and display field mappings to include the custom object field names. By default, in the Vendor Field Mapping, mappings are defined for Case or Case Comment field names.
In the Instance URL, update the server and port details of the Service Cloud instance. Port is optional.
By default, the data is created for the connector process name Connector Process Service Cloud for <InstanceName>. Make sure that you used this name when you created a copy of the connector process for the custom Salesforce Service Cloud object.
To create flows to create and synchronize custom cases and custom case comments
After you have generated a new schema and created the required process and vendor mapping, you must create a new flow or update the existing flows used for the Service Cloud integration.
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Service as a tenant administrator.
You need to update the Create Brokered Incident flow, and create the following new flows:
- Sync Custom <caseObjectName>
- Sync Custom <caseCommentObjectName>
- To create a new flow by using the existing template, navigate to Catalog or to update the existing flow click My Flows.
- Update the Create Brokered Incident flow to map Technology Service to the Technology Ticketing Provider (name of the vendor mapping they have created for that instance).
To create a new flow for syncing custom case comment to ITSM worklog, on the My Flows page, click and select the following options:
Designer step Values to select Choose Source Select Service Cloud. Choose Trigger Select New or updated <customCaseObjectName> for custom case object and New or updated <customCaseCommentObjectName> for custom case comment. Choose Target Select Multi-Cloud. Choose Action Select Update Vendor ticket data for custom case object. Select Create Worklog for custom case comment. Map Fields Map the required Service Cloud object fields to Multi-Cloud fields.
For a custom case object, map the fields as per your requirement.
For a custom case comment object:
Type and select the following mapping values:
post_type > comment#remedy
ticket_type > incident
Vendor ><yourInstanceOf ServiceCloud>
For other fields, review the following example mappings, and update values as per your requirement:
text > Details
VendorTicketId > Case
commentId > Event ID
Author > Created By
Review the Summary and save the flow.
After you have completed the configuration changes, test your use cases to make sure that tickets are brokered from ITSM incident to the Service Cloud custom case object and from ITSM Activity notes to the custom case comment object.