Accessing MainView Middleware Administrator after installation
This topic describes how to access MainView Middleware Administrator (MVMA) for the first time after installation.
To access MVMA
- Open a compatible browser and type in the application URL:
This takes you to the BMC logon screen. Type your authentication credentials (User ID and password) and click Log In.
NoteOn first-time login, use admin/admin for ID and password. To ensure system security and protection, you have to change the admin user's password to a strong password according to the set password policy, after you have entered the product key.
- In the displayed User Console, the Product Key screen is shown, in which you need to enter the relevant product key (refer to the product key information that BMC sent you with the application files).
- In the displayed text box, paste the product key string.
- Click the Install Key icon to save the product key.
- Click the browser Back button to return to the MVMA User Console.
In the Change-password dialog, change the admin user's default password to a strong password according to the password policy set. You will be logged out automatically and redirected to the login page after the admin user's password has successfully been changed.
Login again with the admin user's new password to proceed with the product setup.
The ADMIN_ADMIN security model is enhanced to temporarily lock an MVMA's user account after the user has entered an invalid password multiple times. By default, an MVMA user account will be locked for 20 minutes after the user has entered an invalid password three times in a row. If the user logs in with a valid password after the lockout interval has exceeded the account is unlocked automatically.
The Product Key option on the Navigation Panel is available to update the product key if the current key expires or a new key is received to increase the number of IBM WebSphere MQ or TIBCO EMS objects they can license. Select it to display the Product Key view, in which you can re-enter the product key. The Product Key option can be found in the Admin Console Navigation Panel.