Viewing historical data in MainView Explorer
If you are unsure whether data has been recorded in historical data sets, use the DSLIST view. DSLIST displays the historical data sets and shows the date and time that the data was recorded. If DSLIST does not show the time period that you want, the data might have been archived, overwritten, or never collected.
To display historical data in a view
- From any view, perform one of the following actions:
On the view toolbar, click the Propertiesbutton, then select the Time tab.
Right-click the view tab or the blank part of the view toolbar, and select Properties, then click on the Time tab.
- In the Time tab, set Time ending by performing one of the following actions:
If you want to examine data from the past until the present moment, select the Current check box, then skip to Step 4.
If you want to examine data from a particular time period of the past, clear the Current check box.
Using the time (Hour Min) and date (Month Day) pull-down lists, specify the end point of the time period you want to examine.
If you know the date for Time ending, but do not know the time of day to set, select the day using the Month Day pull-down list and for the hour and minutes set the latest time possible on that day (23 55).
- Using the pull-down box and radio buttons, set the Duration of the time period you want to examine.
Based on the end point of time that you have set, the duration controls which data from the past to collect and display in the historical data view. You can specify the duration as a number of intervals, minutes, hours, days, or weeks from the selected end point of time. The default duration is one interval; the interval is specified in the host product and is 15 minutes by default.
- (Optional) To limit the intervals within the specified time period to those that end on a certain day or days of the week, select a value from the Select days list.
- (Optional) To limit the intervals within the specified time period to those that end within the selected time-of-day range, select a value from the Select shift list.
You can select any of the following shifts:
All hours of the day
08:01 through 16:00
16:01 through 00:00
00:01 through 08:00
- To display the historical data in the view, click the Apply button.
The status bar in the view frame indicates the specified time frame. If no historical data exists, the current time is displayed. This time period remains in effect until you reset it or close the view. All views that are opened by hyperlinking from this window also use the same time frame.
A tabular view presents data from the most recent interval specified and preceding intervals. A detail view presents only the last interval in the time frame.