IT operations management integration between Azure Monitor and BMC Helix ITSM
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker provides prebuilt integration with Azure Monitor so that you can track the availability, efficiency, and performance of your organization's processes and services from a single console. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker facilitates ticket creation and status updates in BMC Helix ITSM based on the Azure alerts.
Calbro services has applications developed and deployed in Azure, and they monitor the availability and responsiveness of the applications by using Azure Monitor. Azure Monitor triggers alerts based on the predefined conditions defined in the applications monitoring data. For example, Azure Monitor sends an alert whenever the response time and CPU usage of the applications cross a defined value. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker creates incidents in BMC Helix ITSM when specific Azure alerts are triggered, so that Calbro Services can remediate the issue before a service request is raised for the problem.
The following conditions apply to this scenario:
Azure monitor sends alerts for high CPU usage by the application.
A ticket must be created with BMC Helix ITSM.
Calbro Services implements their requirements by using BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker:
- The tenant administrator sets up BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker to integrate BMC Helix ITSM with Azure Monitor. The administrator also sets up the required trigger conditions for creating incidents in BMC Helix ITSM.
- Azure Monitor fires alerts when a defined metric crosses a threshold value.
- BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker validates the trigger conditions and creates a ticket in BMC Helix ITSM.
- The BMC Helix ITSM incident displays the incident details in the BMC Helix ITSM: Smart IT console.
The following image describes how an incident is created for an Azure Alert.
- Remediate issues before a service request is raised for the problem
- Effective ticket management from a single console
- Easy tracking of ticket data and updates