Incident brokering for multiple third-party applications
When utilizing cloud services from multiple providers, organizations face the challenge of submitting requests in various issue tracking systems. BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker enables you to manage incidents for multiple third-party applications using BMC Helix ITSM.
Calbro Services uses the Salesforce Chatter service for collaboration among employees within their organization. An employee experiencing connection issues with Chatter creates an internal service desk ticket. The incident is assigned to Mary, who is a service desk agent. On closer examination, Mary concludes that the issue needs to be reported to the cloud service provider for resolution. Mary updates the ticket to match the pre-defined trigger criteria and the incident is automatically brokered to Salesforce.
The following conditions apply to this scenario:
- Mary uses BMC Helix ITSM for incident management.
- A ticket needs to be created with Salesforce Service Cloud.
Calbro Services implements their requirements by using BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker:
- The tenant administrator sets up BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker to integrate BMC Helix ITSM with Salesforce. The administrator also sets up the required trigger conditions for the third-party application ticket creation.
- Mary creates a ITSM incident by using BMC Helix ITSM: Smart IT.
- BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker validates the trigger conditions and creates a ticket with Salesforce Service Cloud.
- The ITSM incident displays the details of the third-party application ticket along with other incident details in the Smart IT console.
- Effective ticket management from a single console
- Easy tracking of ticket data and updates