Message Advisor for IMS 1.8
The Message Advisor for IMS product helps you preserve data integrity by resolving message handling problems through advanced features for dequeueing, unloading, and requeueing messages as well as displaying messages, message queue statistics, and message queue contents. With Message Advisor, you can control and view the contents of IMS message queues by:
- Displaying message queue contents
- Dequeueing queued messages
- Unloading queued messages to external data sets
- Requeueing previously queued messages, and changing certain characteristics, if desired
This section explains how to use the features and functions of the Message Advisor for IMS product.
This section contains reference information for the Message Advisor for IMS product.
Provides information about customizing the Message Advisor for IMS product.
Information about installing and maintaining the product.
BMC messages from the following product lines:
You can create a custom PDF for a specific topic or a topic and its children. For instructions, see Exporting to PDF and other formats.
Ready-made PDFs of this space
The following table provides ready-made PDFs that contain snapshots of the content in this space. Ready-made PDFs are available for new releases and product updates within 7 calendar days of their release. Although these PDFs contain all topics, the online topics might be more current, and the content of some topics might be better suited for online viewing.
Frequently asked questions
This section answers frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the documentation portal.
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select Export to PDF.
- Select the type of PDF that you want:
- Only this page for a PDF of the current page
- This page and its children for a PDF of the current page and all of its child topics
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. After the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
If looking for the Control-M mainframe documentation, click the Control-M box on the dashboard, or click here to go directly to the Control-M space.
The following BMC sites are external to this portal and provide information that you might find helpful:
- BMC for Mainframes Community
- Quick Course videos (demonstrations) on Support Central
- BMC Mainframe YouTube channel
This topic contains information about contacting BMC Support and determining support status for specific product versions.
If you do not have access to the web and you are in the United States or Canada, contact Customer Support at 800 537 1813. Outside the United States or Canada, select your country at Contact BMC to view local Support Contacts.
You can find the support status for specific product versions on Support Central. Selecting a product from the “A–Z Supported Product List” shows:
- All versions of the product and their current support levels (full or limited)
Dates on which support ends
You can also find information about the latest support policies on Support Central.