Defining a log mark in a log scan step
For instructions about how to create a separate log mark step, see Adding a log mark step to a work ID.
Before you begin
Ensure that you understand the concepts presented in the following sections:
To define a log mark in a log scan step
- From the Actions category on the Main Menu, select an option from 0 through 7.
Depending on the option that you choose, you might be prompted to choose whether you want a Backout Integrity report in addition to the generated SQL. Type Y or N, and press Enter to continue.
Log Master displays a task dialog panel for the action that you selected.
- Select Define Log Mark and press Enter.
Log Master displays the Log Mark Entry panel.
- Type a log mark name and (optionally) a description.
- To create a log mark at the same time that a quiesce is taken, type Y in the Quiesce with Mark field and press Enter.
When you select the Quiesce with Mark option, Log Master sets the RBA or LRSN for the time frame’s end point equal to the RBA or LRSN of the quiesce point. The RBA or LRSN for the quiesce point overrides any value for the end point that is specified through the interface.
For more information about using this option, see Quiesce with Mark option.
- Press F3 to return to the task dialog panel.
Where to go from here
For additional tasks associated with creating a log scan step, see Defining a log scan step.