Adding a log mark delete step to a work ID (PTF BQU2282 applied)
This procedure explains how to add a separate log mark step to a work ID.
Before you begin
Ensure that you understand the concepts presented in the following sections:
To add a log mark delete step to a work ID
- Open the work ID that you want to edit, and access the Step Type panel.
For more information, see Creating and accessing a work ID.
- Select Log Mark Maintenance and press Enter.
Log Master displays the Log Mark Step Maintenance panel.
- Select Delete Log Mark.
Log Master displays the Delete Log Marks Step panel. For more information about the options on this panel, press F1 to access the online Help.
- In the Mark Name field, type a mark name. You can enter the full name or use a wild card.
- In the Report Only field, take one of the following actions:
- To report (without actually deleting) on the number of rows that would be deleted based on the selected criteria, enter Y.
- To delete the rows, enter N.
In the Option field, enter the number corresponding to the generations that you want to delete:
--1 to delete all generations, including the current one
--2 to delete the current generation only
--3 to delete all generations except the current one
- In the Created Before field, enter the number corresponding to the created before a specified time or a specified number of days that you want to delete:
--4 to enter a value representing the number of days to retain. If 7 days is entered, the log marks that are greater than 7 days old are deleted for the log marks matching the log mark name
--5 to enter a valid date and time value. Log Marks created before the date and time value entered are deleted for the log marks matching the log mark name. Relative date and time values are supported. For example, -nn,TODAY, and YESTERDAY
--6 to enter a valid RBA/LRSN value. Log Marks created before the RBA/LRSN value entered are deleted for the log marks matching the log mark name
--7 to delete log marks created before oldest archive log for the log marks matching the log mark name
- Press F3 twice to return to the Work ID File Menu and save the work ID.