Defining applications for support agents
Administrators define applications for agents to use when assisting self-service users. These applications are tools that agents can launch or use when resolving customer issues. For example, an agent might relate a chat session to an incident or report a major incident. The system administrator defines these applications in the Agent Toolkit.
To define an application
- Under Agent Toolkit in the Virtual Chat Administration Console, click Applications.
The Application Launcher pane appears.
- Click Create to create a new application, or select an existing application and click Modify.
- Enter the following information:
- Name: Type a descriptive name for your application.
- Type: Select the type of application: System, Remedy, or URL.
- Path: Specify the path to the application (for example, c:\apps\unlock.exe).
- Parameters: Provide additional parameters that might be required to launch your application (for example, a path or switch).
- Owner: Specify the name of the owner of the application. This information could be set to Global for the system administrator or to an individual user name.
- Status: Select Enabled or Disabled. A disabled application cannot be used but can be enabled for use at a later time.
- Application: Select who can access the application. Choose from either Global (everyone) or Support Agent Console.
Company: Enter the name of the company whose agents can use this application, if multitenancy is in use.
- (Optional) To test the application, click Test.
The application launches in another window.
- (Optional) If the application has additional files associated with it, click Add to add those files.
- Browse to the location of the file to add it.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- In the Application Launcher dialog box, click Save (in the upper-left corner) to save the application definition.
You can enable or disable any of the following predefined applications for the Support Agent Console:
|Set Chat As Abandoned||An agent can abandon a chat. Enabled by default.|
Create Related Incident
|If incident creation after the self-service user clicks on Chat Now is deactivated, an agent can enable the creation of an incident for the current chat session. Disabled by default.|
The following predefined applications are no longer applicable:
- Clear Log
- Related Session to Major Incident
- Report Major Incident